Lt. Commander
# 1 la prochaine fois and Adieu
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I really want to say good bye. I have been watching the forums past week, and I can say I don't like how it is looking. The first thing was the sale, don't get me wrong I like the idea of a sale, but this soon, and around the time when people are re-subbing. The problem with that is the fact it looks like a money grab, and it looks like they are expecting a large drop off of players. Then they add on 90 days total to the deal. Once again if this was down the road three or more months it would be fine, but this happened with in three weeks of the launch. It looks like a money grab, and it under cuts other retailers. To me it seemed unethical, but it wasn't enough to make me leave. Then they started a new thread called the Atari Sale, and started herding everyone in to that thread. At the same time started closing any negative threads. Around the same time they stopped giving refunds to life time subscribers, and they retracted the sale. All of that did not make me want to leave. I was still planning on sticking it out. But the straw that broke the camel's back was when customer service started saying the sale never happened, and they stopped honoring the people who bought from the sale. That is what made me leave, because what they were really saying, was we were lying. That is going to far in my book. That is unethical and unmoral, and a out right lie. We even have the proof that the sale did happen. That is why I can no longer do business, at least for now, with Cryptic, or Atari.

The one thing I'm going to miss is the community. Sure there are some out there who I fought over this game, and some who I may of even said something that hurt. To them I would like to say I'm sorry. I did take Star Trek seriously, and I know I did defend it to the end. At times, I even posted unreasonable threads when it came to this game, and once again I'm sorry for that. As for the people who I can call friends I will truly miss you, and it was a fun time posting, debating, and even arguing with you.

As to where I am going, it's hard to tell I still have a month in this game, but I'm not sure how much time I will be spending in game. I think I'm going to be reactivating my EVE account. For some reason I miss that game. I also reactivated my Xbox live. As for this game I'm not sure yet. I'm still here for a month, and my mind can change. I will tell you at this point it will be hard to change my mind.

Now for anyone who is going to call me a Hater, and a Troll, let me remind you that I was defending this game up until the end. In fact some of you were still junior posters when I was busy arguing trolls, and doom posters. So if you do say good he is leaving, QQ some more, and another whiner gone. That will only make you look stupid., and you didn't read my post. sorry to say that.

As for the developers. I hope the game works out, and I hope that upper management changes because the way they are running it could kill this game. I may come back, and I may not. It could be a year or two. You guys put in a lot of good work, and I respect you for that.

If anyone wants to contact me for what ever reason, my email is mtmuir_mack@yahoo.com, and my XBL is The Pongo.

I will miss you all, and I hope it will change before my month is up, so I would end up staying.

And As my title says.

Until next time, and god be with you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I guess you didn't get the memo that "I quit" threads were getting automatically closed, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
I guess you didn't get the memo that "I quit" threads were getting automatically closed, eh?
Oh i got it, and I'm at the point where I really don't care. that is how i feel about this game, I just don't care anymore, and thanks for not reading. ( if you did then I'm sorry )
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 01:26 PM
If you leave, they win.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
If you leave, they win.
how so? really I find it hard to play, after them saying it never happened. that doesn't bide well with me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
If you leave, they win.
It doesn't matter if you win or lose, only that you tried the game (paraphrased of course)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodi2.0
how so? really I find it hard to play, after them saying it never happened. that doesn't bide well with me.
Oh, so they really aren't honoring the deal like they said they would?

A shame.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 01:28 PM
In before close!!

Can i has your stuff?

Well.....bye!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines

7. As this is an English-speaking community, all postings must be in English, so that they can be well received and properly monitored.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirius89 View Post
In before close!!

Can i has your stuff?

Well.....bye!
umm.... no as I said there is a chance in a year or two I mite be back. sorry.
Closed Thread