Lt. Commander
It all sounds good, except for the daily mission change.

"Here's how the change works. Repeatable missions will only be offered to you via Remote Contact if you are within the appropriate level range for the mission OR if you are nearby in the sector where the mission takes place. This means if you are above the suggested level range for the mission, it will not show up in Remote Contacts and will not be offered to you unless you travel back to the location where there mission takes place. The net result being that the higher in level you go, the less cluttered your Remote Contact list is. All the missions are still available, you will just need to go to the appropriate location to take them now if you are over level. "

Frankly, sometimes people like doing lower lvl missions when theyre bored, or need drops for lower tier crafting, or wish to select the same quest a lower lvl partner is choosing without it being a reduced share, and dont want to have to run all the way back an admiral every time they need to re-up the quest.
If the concern is clutter in the remote contacts, I suggest a far simpler fix: Put a checkbox in the top corner of the contact list to filter out lower lvl content if you wish.

By doing this, those that dont want the clutter dont have it, and those that want access to all of it have it.

Kirk would be shocked, its a win-win scenario.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
You can still do the lower level missions, you just have to travel back to that area in order to contact the appropriate person and get the mission. Which is fine by me because if I want to do that mission I have to travel back to that sector anyway.

The checkbox idea is good though. Its simple and I can see them adding that in a small patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
It all sounds good, except for the daily mission change.

"Here's how the change works. Repeatable missions will only be offered to you via Remote Contact if you are within the appropriate level range for the mission OR if you are nearby in the sector where the mission takes place. This means if you are above the suggested level range for the mission, it will not show up in Remote Contacts and will not be offered to you unless you travel back to the location where there mission takes place. The net result being that the higher in level you go, the less cluttered your Remote Contact list is. All the missions are still available, you will just need to go to the appropriate location to take them now if you are over level. "

Frankly, sometimes people like doing lower lvl missions when theyre bored, or need drops for lower tier crafting, or wish to select the same quest a lower lvl partner is choosing without it being a reduced share, and dont want to have to run all the way back an admiral every time they need to re-up the quest.
If the concern is clutter in the remote contacts, I suggest a far simpler fix: Put a checkbox in the top corner of the contact list to filter out lower lvl content if you wish.

By doing this, those that dont want the clutter dont have it, and those that want access to all of it have it.

Kirk would be shocked, its a win-win scenario.
If you dont want to run all the way back, as an admiral, then you dont want to do the quest to begin with. If you are in the area of the quest then it will be in your contact list. That means you are all the way back anyways.