Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksith
There is also another issue that started after today's patch. The pricing is different between unlockable uniforms and the standard ones. When changing from the TNG Movie uniform to any unlockable uniform (like the DS9) it costs 880 credits. Changing from the TNG Movie uniform to any of the standard ones, cost 1280 credits. This was changing the uniforms on the bridge officers. They price difference was greater, when I changed my uniform. Prior to today, the prices were the same. FYI - I merely changed the shirt, and left all other parts the same. I tested this with each of my unlockable uniforms, and it was consistant.
I don't know if this was intentional or not. I'll look into it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jransom View Post
Posting a link to it will be fine.
I sent you a PM with the image link. Please let me know if that (or the way the image was hosted) causes an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Ok, got this problem on a bunch of my BO's, but, My admiral also has an annoying error if I select one of my BO's in the tailor screen before I try editing him. and this is what it says...

"Costume validation for player error: Name:Von Beck, Bone Stm_rank, Geo M_Rank_Sf_G01_Admiral_01, hGeoDef is restricted. , failed costume restriction check."

Now, if I try to edit him no changes seem to stick, unless I first select rank pins of commander or below. and doing so then prevents me from re-selecting them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data_angel View Post
Ok, got this problem on a bunch of my BO's, but, My admiral also has an annoying error if I select one of my BO's in the tailor screen before I try editing him. and this is what it says...

"Costume validation for player error: Name:Von Beck, Bone Stm_rank, Geo M_Rank_Sf_G01_Admiral_01, hGeoDef is restricted. , failed costume restriction check."

Now, if I try to edit him no changes seem to stick, unless I first select rank pins of commander or below. and doing so then prevents me from re-selecting them.
I think the workaround (it was posted in another thread) for this is to not select your bridge officers in the tailoring window before selecting and modifying your character. Apparently if you select a BO first and then select your character, it invalidates your rank pips (and your changes won't save because of the error).
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
I don't know if this was intentional or not. I'll look into it.
Thank you!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
1) After today's patch I noticed that my saved costume files no longer loaded correctly. The entire look of the avatar, the colors, and the uniforms were completely wrong. I can save new files of existing characters and bridge officers, and they will load correctly, but all my saved files from before the patch are all wrong and basically useless.
I found the bug and fixed it. Thank you for your help. When the fix goes out in a future patch (I don't know which one) your old costume saves should work again.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Admiral Rank Pins on Uniforms are still bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
I found the bug and fixed it. Thank you for your help. When the fix goes out in a future patch (I don't know which one) your old costume saves should work again.
Awesome, and much thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I've had the same problem and a bit more, i found when i loaded a new uniform that my main character had become identical to my second character (a joined trill). I noticed when i went back to check that my saved costume files had been combined so i could access all costumes for male charcters on any male character.
E.G i save my costume on character 2, Character 1 was then able to load that costume, but in dong so it changed the complete look of character 1 to be the same as character 2!!

Previous to the last patch, no matter what i named my costume saves they where always seperate for each character.
Now I've just had to pay out 53k of energy credits to return my main character to how he should look :/

As of last night the issue of being able to access costume saves for other charcters of the same gender still existed..........

I filled a GM ticket first which then became a bug report...not holding out much hope of recovering the energy credits.....

Hope this info may further help the devs close this bug.....
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksith
There is also another issue that started after today's patch. The pricing is different between unlockable uniforms and the standard ones. When changing from the TNG Movie uniform to any unlockable uniform (like the DS9) it costs 880 credits. Changing from the TNG Movie uniform to any of the standard ones, cost 1280 credits. This was changing the uniforms on the bridge officers. They price difference was greater, when I changed my uniform. Prior to today, the prices were the same. FYI - I merely changed the shirt, and left all other parts the same. I tested this with each of my unlockable uniforms, and it was consistant.
So here is what is happening. When you change some parts that changes other parts because those parts were not valid with the new part you choose. Because those other parts changed your cost increases. When you change back or to something else those other parts don't change back because they are still valid. Press the undo button after you select a part to see what changed.

I hope that helps.