Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2010, 03:17 AM
Well.. Im a sucker for challenges...

As Fed I really enjoyed T4 in my Galaxy, Klingons have some pretty nasty setups here (Vorcha tanks and Science BOPs)..

As Klingon I think Ive enojyed T2 the most (only against good teams, the games where Feds impulse into their deaths doesnt interest me)..
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2010, 03:43 AM
WAR went downhill fast after T2. Such a shame.
Anyway I do somewhat share the OP's sentiments. Although I think T5 PvP is fun as well, T2 was probably the most fun so far. Crowd control should be nerfed cq turned into mezzez (= breaks on damage)
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2010, 03:53 AM
I tend to feel the same way with a lot of MMOs I've played, and I often enjoy the lower levels of PvP much more than the higher ones. So far though I am enjoying most of the tiers in STO. I haven't reached T5 yet, because I keep deciding I don't like how I have spent my skillpoints and restarting, so I can't comment on that one, but I think my favourite so far is/was T3.
Having said that though, I really liked it when I entered my first T4 battle and saw that ships were now actually different sizes, with a huge Galaxy class starship and a tiny Defiant flying next to it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2010, 05:17 AM
The insane number of "special abilities" in high level space is what made me quit it in PvP. I don't mind being able to do some crazy stuff once in a while but spending more time creating space anomalies, polarity inversion and other "super stuff" than shooting phasers seems wrong to me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2010, 05:52 AM
I must concur that T2 is the best PvP tier. Starting in T3 you see some of the ridiculous CC.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2010, 06:06 AM
Maybe the overall pvp would be interesting if BO abilties had longer 2-3 cooldown. But i guess the "the combat is too slow" crowd would be too anoying on forums after. Buuut i would rather see BO skills used with perfect timing with greater effect, than cycling them asap.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
I'd go one step higher. T2 is pretty decent, but it's prone to a lot of moves you can't counter. Say you run with Sci team in your only sci slot, but then you get tractored. You get burned. You attack someone, and they pop RSP, but you don't have it. You get burned.

Some things can be countered with some teamwork (such as, you're missing sci team and you get jammed), but it's really rock/paper/scissors at t2, and I'm not a fan of that kind of play.
But it is team oriented, not dueling.

Although I've been tractor beamed several times in T2 PvP and it hasn't resulted in me getting burned. Science Team buys me the time I need. And as to RSP, that just means you ignore that guy for 15s. He's only got one and it won't be back for 3 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Maybe the overall pvp would be interesting if BO abilties had longer 2-3 cooldown. But i guess the "the combat is too slow" crowd would be too anoying on forums after. Buuut i would rather see BO skills used with perfect timing with greater effect, than cycling them asap.
Well I think combat is too fast. T2 is most enjoyable because the fights are more about weapons fire exchange and maneuvering, tactical coordination rather than BO abilities spam.

There is no other way to say it so i will say it... Certain BO abilities and the degree of importance they play in Combat are unfun, and make the game unfun too as a result.

i understand that there is a Developer or maybe a couple behind the design as it is, that may feel insulted (we are all protective of our creations), however I believe the capacity to go back re-evaluate one's stance and be able to make changes is a greater testimony of a truly brilliant idea or Creation.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
while increasing cooldown puts a hardcap on how often you use skills, it doesnt affect the fact that you can still instagib unprotected people in t4+
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I figured this out for myself ( after the millionth reroll) and it seems that lots of people are doing the same ( I even read a post that mentioned this before I posted in snb and vm are not fun). So no need to make a list about all the imbalances.However, I'm not even enjoying t2 anymore. Even though there is soo much more balance/actual roles in t2, the teams just never start out even and you gain more for a fast loss than a slow win. Also, in t2, your level can be very important as compared to t3 and so on. Anyways, I played.... lets say 10 games today and 1 game was close. The other team started out way ahead ( 1200 to 100ish) because they had more people, than my team got more people and started to win... and than they won by getting the few points that they needed to win. Did I care that I lost?....nope. DId I care that I played 1 game when I could have played 3 ( vitually 3 times as much xp/ rewards)? yup. Was the game ever balanced?... nope. Will STO ever be balanced?......, Well, Ive played since beta, enjoyed my time and feel it was money well spent but fun and balance seems to be no where insight ( and see this is why I do not like open tree skill systems... it creates unbalanced or boring clones). Hmm, should I grind easy, boring and repetitive pve or grind inbalanced and outnumbered pvp?