Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, the 5th of March from 3:00 AM PST to 5:00 AM PST (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 06:42 PM
My very first First

Hope the patch is great
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 06:50 PM
more content or you gonna let us beat up stuff on your tribble:p
Lt. Commander
# 4 Many Thanks!
03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks (in advanced) for the patch.
Lt. Commander
# 5 patch
03-04-2010, 07:37 PM
just hope its more stuff to do Also just to say that, many of us in my fleet are having item issues, some are seeing their shield items as a max 2812 and other see almost 8k, also flight turns, some are seeing +36 and others see 5.1. So im praying this patch is something new
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 09:47 PM
hopefully it fixes the kicked evry five to ten minutes from the games issue, i have checked with ny ISP and no issues on thier end and they checked my lines and broadband modem and no problems there either.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Hopefully this adds a new Tribble channel so there's a place for all those tribble puns that break out in zone chat now and then.

My favorites so far:

Bridge Over The Tribble Kwai
The Tribble And Mrs Jones
Big Tribble In Little China
Sympathy For The Tribble
Tribbler On The Roof

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 11:21 PM
you know, i have not minded the patches during the week. infact, last night i praised the wisdom of the weeknight patch.

but for some stupid reason, you're updating on a Friday night again.

i know how this plays out:
Us: its prime time for us here!
Everyone else who isn't getting shafted: yes but you are Australian, so you don't matter
go do something else
suck it up
its only a game

(i said Australia but it could be anyone in this region)(euro, sorry but you being jobless and playing during the day does not make it prime time)

PLEASE, if you read a post by someone complaining about the time that patches are set, don't attack them for it. don't try to give them alternative ideas for what they can do with their time.

we truly do feel that we are being discriminated against because of the region we live in. it is unfair for others to trivialise that. when you do, it justifies the poor treatment of YOUR FELLOW GAMERS. please, lets stick together and get a fair deal for all of us.

personally, i have a limited window in which i can game. the patches all fall into that window. i cannot get my money back for the game. i have the right to ask for a fairer system to be put in place for a product that i am stuck with.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastergargletop View Post
personally, i have a limited window in which i can game. the patches all fall into that window. i cannot get my money back for the game. i have the right to ask for a fairer system to be put in place for a product that i am stuck with.
+1

3 nights last week.....GG
3 nights this week.....Have mercy
? nights next week....????

First weekend that the game was released here...unplayable for lag and dropouts. Patching made it better. That was being responsive to a critical need.

Patching so regularly after that is now getting farical. If I could, I would take it back for a refund. I understand you are doing it for the benefit of the game and to make it better for everyone playing. But, what sort of dev, test, release cycle involves "scheduled" maintenance 3 nights in one week? Let alone the same scenario two weeks in a row! 6 out of 14 nights, that's nearly 50% of my playable nights interrupted.

If I tried that in my workplace I'd get sacked. It strikes me a very short sighted. Rollup mayhaps? Consolidated patching?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 02:45 AM
FFS again!

And on a friday night too - awesome.

When are you going to fix the long standing issues and broken quests?

Frankly, I couldn't give a big steamy one about tribble, I want things fixed.

And give us the Joined Trill Klingon option that we were suppost to get at release.