Lt. Commander
# 31
03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
FVF will be the death of the game. At that point you will have won and will have the carebear game you have dreaming about.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
FVF will be the death of the game. At that point you will have won and will have the carebear game you have dreaming about.
Cool, I like winning.

Here's another fact, I play mostly Klingon.

I made a fed because I think their ships are superior. But superior ships outfitted with the wrong BOs and consoles is still far inferior to lesser ships with the right skills. Also trying to get feds interested in learning about these abilities instead so they understand how they work and give a challenge instead of stomping them into the ground and calling them noobs every chance I get.

That's not helping keeping the game alive, you take a faction, make them PvP only, it attracts all the hardcore pvp'ers and the min/maxers, then you give them the ability to hide until they're ready to fight on their own terms. Then you pit them against the "carebear" faction who trusts the incomplete tooltip info on the skills. Yeah, wonder who's gonna win 99% of the fights.

On paper, boarding party sounds like a really good skill.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I hear what you are saying. So the dev's have to compensate for the lousy players that don't bother to try new skills etc?

Being owned does not necessarily equate to unbalanced game design. There are always going to be pvp groups on both sides that are going to be damn good.

I just can't see penalizing the pvpers because they are good.

If this is the case get Romulans in the game right now and let the Klinks and Roms have at it. Remove the Fed pvp or make them sign a non QQ clause if they pvp and lets move on.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Falkoren in IRC just said that the mini map bug will be fixed **SOON**
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfz
Cool, I like winning.

Here's another fact, I play mostly Klingon.

I made a fed because I think their ships are superior. But superior ships outfitted with the wrong BOs and consoles is still far inferior to lesser ships with the right skills. Also trying to get feds interested in learning about these abilities instead so they understand how they work and give a challenge instead of stomping them into the ground and calling them noobs every chance I get.

That's not helping keeping the game alive, you take a faction, make them PvP only, it attracts all the hardcore pvp'ers and the min/maxers, then you give them the ability to hide until they're ready to fight on their own terms. Then you pit them against the "carebear" faction who trusts the incomplete tooltip info on the skills. Yeah, wonder who's gonna win 99% of the fights.

On paper, boarding party sounds like a really good skill.
I dont get it, you say that you think the Fed ships are superior so why shouldnt the Klingons have the ability to to "Fight on their own terms" if that is indeed the case?

To be honest, many players that I hang out with arent exactly hardcore Klingons, and get rolled by hardcore fed groups quite a bit. I think skill and dedication is equally important on both sides and find the balance as it is quite good.

Not all klingons play to min/max, many play it because they just like to play Klingons

And personally, I run in to very few Klingons that "call the other side noobs every chance they get".

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
we all know FvF will kill klingons, hell, it's already pretty dead as it is.

The biggest complaints abount cloak come from T4 and below, in T5 the complaints come from carriers being able to swap hangars, that's another story entirely.

Do we really need the whole faction to be able to cloak? My point is I don't care much for the cloak on a cruiser. If there was an option for a cruiser with the same console/bo layouts as the fed equivalents, I'm sure a lot of people would pick it. Especially in T5.

I enjoy both sides. If it comes to that and faction vs faction dies I'll just stick to pre-arranged matches or doing random fed vs fed. But I'd much prefer see the rivalry between the factions continue in the hope of getting some kind of open space pvp in the future. Especially when they add new races.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfz
we all know FvF will kill klingons, hell, it's already pretty dead as it is.

The biggest complaints abount cloak come from T4 and below, in T5 the complaints come from carriers being able to swap hangars, that's another story entirely.

Do we really need the whole faction to be able to cloak? My point is I don't care much for the cloak on a cruiser. If there was an option for a cruiser with the same console/bo layouts as the fed equivalents, I'm sure a lot of people would pick it. Especially in T5.

I enjoy both sides. If it comes to that and faction vs faction dies I'll just stick to pre-arranged matches or doing random fed vs fed. But I'd much prefer see the rivalry between the factions continue in the hope of getting some kind of open space pvp in the future. Especially when they add new races.
Carriers can't cloak...so its not the WHOLE faction
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
...make them sign a non QQ clause if they pvp and lets move on.
I think this suggestion should apply to everyone everywhere forever.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-06-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm not sure there's much mileage in 'There's the Z-axis to take into account' arguement.

I mean I can see where people are coming from. Technically if you offset yourself on that axis it should still be possible to remain undecteded despite the mini-map. However seeing as the Z-axis is a giant pain in the arse anyway I'm not sure how much of the Z-axis is useful. If you are too 'high' or 'low' then it makes attacking and getting weapons in arc problematic at best.

If the bug became a feature then I think it could end up forcing Klingons into hiding at the extremes and delaying attacks as they circle back into attack position (after the inevitable sensor scan/particle burst).

I don't mind Klingon ships showing up occasional if it's related to a player or bo skill as that would help Feds hunt down ships. It'd just need to be balanced by a) not being permanently on and b) not being permanently accurate in 2 out of 3 axi
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-07-2010, 12:15 AM
You know, I like to be as fair as possible to people but this bug that pretty much truncates the primary ability on one side shouldn't be grounds to motivate a huge contingent of fed players who would otherwise be coming here to complain how they can't win a pvp match, to come and have something they think is either clever or even relevant.

Every time I think that I cannot be further disappointed in the average fed player, they surprise and disappoint me anew. From terrible, clueless and uncoordinated and incompetent gameplay to these pathetic attempts at goading.

Please, at least learn to troll and flame. This is embarassing.