Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure that my posts above are being understood correctly.

I am advocating BALANCE for the purpose of compeditive and enjoyable gameplay.
I would gladly allow for a durability nerf to Fed ships if Kling ships are going to get a cloak nerf.
I win the vast majority of my matches (Fed side), and I perform well on the charts (thanks to science being a little OP at the moment - another game balance issue, but at least its equally "unbalanced" for both sides). I also play klingon so I am aware of the playstyle of both sides.

Grouping strategies are powerful. Both teams SHOULD group up if they want to be effective (just like any MMO, where strength comes in numbers). The problem is that Feds have to sit and wait for the Klings to attack. The methods for finding cloaked ships are insufficient to do so effectively because of long cooldowns and short ranges. Some of the posters above must not have played Fed at high tier level pvp if they think that finding cloaked klingon ships is easy. We have no way of knowing where to look (until the recent mini-map bug) so we just stand still. Why move at all if the klingons could be anywhere?

I'm okay with klingons having a good chance of getting the initial attack. As I said before this is true to cannon and makes for interesting and unique factions in terms of gameplay. I'm not okay with sitting around and waiting to get attacked. I want a cat and mouse, Hunt for Red October style, chase scene. I do not want a "boring" phase of each game where Klingons have infinite time to set up their attack. We need depth charges .

Ideally game makers dont want their players to feel like tabbing out of the game all the time because they are bored to tears.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uth
I am advocating BALANCE for the purpose of compeditive and enjoyable gameplay.
I would gladly allow for a durability nerf to Fed ships if Kling ships are going to get a cloak nerf.
Why nerf both? That's admitting things are equal; thus balanced no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uth
I win the vast majority of my matches (Fed side)
Again; thats going against your argument that cloak is unbalancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uth
We have no way of knowing where to look (until the recent mini-map bug) so we just stand still. Why move at all if the klingons could be anywhere?
Anywhere within 15km of the fedball usually... planning to strike and deciding targets. Do you really think Klingons will start their own version of the fedball; cloaked somewhere on the map waiting for you to find them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uth
I want a cat and mouse, Hunt for Red October style, chase scene.
Klingons = kitties, Feds = mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uth
Ideally game makers dont want their players to feel like tabbing out of the game all the time because they are bored to tears.
... i missed something there; is that still in context with PvP? You alt tab during PvP?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uth
I'm not sure that my posts above are being understood correctly.

I am advocating BALANCE for the purpose of compeditive and enjoyable gameplay.
I would gladly allow for a durability nerf to Fed ships if Kling ships are going to get a cloak nerf.
I win the vast majority of my matches (Fed side), and I perform well on the charts (thanks to science being a little OP at the moment - another game balance issue, but at least its equally "unbalanced" for both sides). I also play klingon so I am aware of the playstyle of both sides.

Grouping strategies are powerful. Both teams SHOULD group up if they want to be effective (just like any MMO, where strength comes in numbers). The problem is that Feds have to sit and wait for the Klings to attack. The methods for finding cloaked ships are insufficient to do so effectively because of long cooldowns and short ranges. Some of the posters above must not have played Fed at high tier level pvp if they think that finding cloaked klingon ships is easy. We have no way of knowing where to look (until the recent mini-map bug) so we just stand still. Why move at all if the klingons could be anywhere?

I'm okay with klingons having a good chance of getting the initial attack. As I said before this is true to cannon and makes for interesting and unique factions in terms of gameplay. I'm not okay with sitting around and waiting to get attacked. I want a cat and mouse, Hunt for Red October style, chase scene. I do not want a "boring" phase of each game where Klingons have infinite time to set up their attack. We need depth charges .

Ideally game makers dont want their players to feel like tabbing out of the game all the time because they are bored to tears.
This topic is getting old.
You say you win most encounters against klingons on you'r fed toon,thats great but cloak still needs a nerf?.If you win most encounters then obviously you and you'r team effectivly combat the cloak quite well,yet it still needs a nerf?.

The problem is that Feds have to sit and wait for the Klings to attack.
Oh jesus i have started to here this a load,WTF do you want insta port to klingon uncloak him and one shot kill skill.
In t5 i have never been in a pvp where cloaked klingons just sit there an play with there cocks ,you sad ****s need to play and stop moaning like a bunch of ****s.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.