Lt. Commander
# 21
03-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
No tattoos here. Nor any plans to get any. Some I have seen I have liked but I gotta ask, why get something that will be on there forever? I mean eventually the skin spreads and distorts.
My mom always says, "before you get a tattoo, imagine what it will look like when you're eighty."

Sometimes, that woman says the smartest things... sometimes :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-08-2010, 05:05 AM
i've got a tatt just above my left collar bone of the four card suits. got it when i was 18 and still love it. im also getting a phenix done on my back, as my sons middle name is phoenix. and then a family tree on my thigh after that. i think thats all i will get, three is more than enough.
in reply to why do people get them. well i cant answer for most people but i got mine because it had significant meaning to me, and i figure when im 80 i would have forgotten my name let alone what kind of tattoo i have....and to be honest i dont think i'll be flexable enough to see half of them when im 80 lol
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Nah.. here is what you do..

get a tattoo of a beagle.. and when you're 80, it will be a shar pei. Problem solved
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheduwa
Nah.. here is what you do..

get a tattoo of a beagle.. and when you're 80, it will be a shar pei. Problem solved
Nice. You just made my day
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2010, 09:21 AM
I have 2 tats. I know I know no even numbers or something. The one I really want to get I will never be able to afford. I would go across my back and shoulders then down both arms. Multicolored is a must for this piece which means $. Total size means $. Hours to pay artist make the template means $. Not to mention the effort getting the artist a good representation I intend. The place I go is already a bit $ but they are worth it and kinda well known. I made that mistake once already. (the friend who can get you a hook up- then the work is bad)

In short, I don't have about 2-3 grand extra for the piece. =(
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-07-2010, 06:29 AM
I have no ink.....I have no desire to get inked.

I am not against it....Just not for me.

The closest to any kind of non natural pigment I have...is a dot of graphite under my skin near the base of my right thumb....My friend in high school stabbed me with his pencil...when I pretended to steal his roll at lunch....we all laughed about it...I still remind him to this day that I still have it.

SOME tattoos look great....Others...Meh....Sick and tired of people getting tribal tattoos....especially when they are not part of a tribe....and really have no clue what they represent in the first place....

I am not impressed by Chinese characters as tattoos either...

Had a friend get a character which he thought was "Warrior" when in fact it was actually something else...Can't remember what it was....wasn't nasty or funny like the joke....was just not what he thought it was when he gave it to the artist....

One of the student/teachers at my son's Karate school came in last year...all proud of his shiny new tribal ring on his bicep....He showed it to me...and I told him that tribals are boring and overdone. I wasn't impressed....He seemed rather saddened that I didn't gush over his worthless tattoo....hehe
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-07-2010, 06:38 AM
I have a tattoo of Riker on my chest. It rather artfully incorporates my chest hair as his beard, so it is kind of a Pat the Bunny type tattoo.

Just kidding!!! I actually don't have any ink and don't have any plans on getting any. I don't have anything against it, it's just not for me.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I have no ink.....I have no desire to get inked.

SOME tattoos look great....Others...Meh....Sick and tired of people getting tribal tattoos....especially when they are not part of a tribe....and really have no clue what they represent in the first place....

I am not impressed by Chinese characters as tattoos either...
I'm white as a ghost yet I have ties to Kiowa/Commanche ties and ties to Moari cultures ... while I don't really look anything like either race having the brillance of being born with redish hair </gag> I have a few tribal tattoos ... Not making fun at you but you just never know who is part of tribes though I do understand what you mean *looks mostly at UK people* ...

and to the OP ... 7 tattoos and wanting to get a alot more all mingled .. kinda like a Yakuza meets Tribal thing going on ... cept they cost a absolute fortune here in aus :/
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabz
I'm white as a ghost yet I have ties to Kiowa/Commanche ties and ties to Moari cultures ... while I don't really look anything like either race having the brillance of being born with redish hair </gag> I have a few tribal tattoos ... Not making fun at you but you just never know who is part of tribes though I do understand what you mean *looks mostly at UK people* ...

and to the OP ... 7 tattoos and wanting to get a alot more all mingled .. kinda like a Yakuza meets Tribal thing going on ... cept they cost a absolute fortune here in aus :/
No...I know you can't ever truly tell...but a lot of people who get Tribals...have no ties to any tribe...they get them because they "look cool"

Those are the people that I am not impressed with....