Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
So Let me start by saying I'm completely against the Admiral rank for players (See my signature). Having every player in the game walking around as an Admiral eventually just seems silly to me.

That said, I'd find it slightly more believable if we were given multiple ships to command!

Think about it: We customize our ship and out Bridge Crew right? Well imagine if we now had multiple ships in a Fleet we controlled, and were able to customize and crew each of them and have them fight with us in battle (rather than just having 8 ships we can switch between and use one at a time, transfering our entire bridge crew with us).

My initial idea would be to give you a second ship you command as soon as you hit Rear Admiral, then add a ship every two levels.

This would add a lot more by way of end game to the game, in my opinion, and actually make the admiral rank mean something for a change. Just imagine the possibilities of having multiple ships to crew up, types to pick, load outs to decide to compliment other ships in the fleet etc.

It would add a lot of possibility, and a lot of time consuming fun (which equals people keeping subscriptions longer and $$ for Cryptic of course).

So, please consider this idea!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 10:43 AM
By the time you hit admiral, you already have a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
No, you have a group of ships you can use one at a time and switch crews between.

That is not a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
True enough...but what is the difference between everyone being an Admiral and everyone being a Captain?

Basically, anyone in command of a ship is called "Captain" regardless of their actual rank.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
YEA !!! Another gimme a fleet post, I just cant get enough of these...............please continue
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki_Draken_Magus
True enough...but what is the difference between everyone being an Admiral and everyone being a Captain?

Basically, anyone in command of a ship is called "Captain" regardless of their actual rank.
Don't get me started on that. Half the NPC's call me Rear Admiral.

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season5/thohd7.mp3
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2010, 10:49 AM
If you really sit back and think about it, that could be an AMAZING expansion to the game at some point.

It makes sense that an admiral might have an NPC fleet. You could even assign captains to manage those other ships. Just like Bridge Officers.

Some sort of direct control of those extra ships would be dandy as well. It could get really tactical at that point.

I think one to three extra smaller ships could really fit the bill nicely. Anyways, its not NEEDED but it would make for a hell of an expansion to the game. Everyone would eat that up.

Just a thought. And an idea, by the OP. And a darn good idea it is too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I have a fleet of tribbles for you. Check your mailbox.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Until you can assemble those ships together, have them individually crewed, and get to order them around with out being on their bridge, you do not have a Fleet. You have a space dock with 7 empty ships in it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Yes to maybe one day adding in additional ships to command.

No to renaming the ranks. I like being and Admiral, thank you. Ranks are fine as is.