Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I agree that gender needs to be listed for BOs on the Exchange for all rarities...common...uncommon...rare...and very rare.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Sixthed or whatever we're up to now. I brought a rare BO off the exchange the other day for one of the people I play with, and he got rejected because the captain only uses female BO's (all in TOS uniforms...). Wasted a fair chunk of cash which I'd perfer not to gamble.

Better yet, since it's the future and people can get operations to become Cardassian or Romulan (at least on TNG), how about gender change operations for your BOs?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnawalters View Post
The officers in your "pool" that you haven't commissioned frequently don't list the sex either. You don't see a picture of them and with some races it may not make a difference.
Yeah, but with the ones in your pool you can just click "commission" and then they appear in front of you ... and still you can cancel out of it. So you can check and double check their gender that way without actually committing to using them.

So for that part it's a minor annoyance that has a workaround. With the exchange issue the OP brings up, it's a total crapshoot.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StEvk View Post
Better yet, since it's the future and people can get operations to become Cardassian or Romulan (at least on TNG), how about gender change operations for your BOs?
I like that idea, I have a quite a few "level-up" assigned BOs that are sitting there worthless because they are male BOs - I either use them to Train my BO or they collect dust in the waiting to join my crew queue.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-06-2010, 10:25 PM
It would be terrific if a Gender Reassignment feature was added to this game so that we could build the bridge crews that *we* want, rather than take whatever's dealt to us.

The absence of gender listing on the Exchange makes the purchase of unspecified officers an unnecessary financial risk.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Remembering this thread today when I went to the exchange to get a male, human, engineer to round out my crew (had 2 women on the team, wanted to balance it with 2 men was 1 man short) ...

I noted that the names of the officer were helpful. Tabythia and Annibeth (though horribly spelled but I guess that's 25th century culture for you) were both women. I purchased them for their abilities to train up ... Clement turned out to be a male. As did Kennith (purchsed just in case Clement wasn't a male).

Unfortunately I don't think this is as helpful for, say, Aliens. Heh.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Agreed on this. I just gambled with getting a tellarite officer. Looking at the actual name of the officer hinted that it could be male so I went with it and luckily I was right. It'd be nice to actually know what I'm buying...