Lt. Commander
I really hope Cryptic screwed up here; my sister is currently in the Serius Sector Block, doing DSE's. They were her level, until someone +39 levels came in and now all of a sudden the ships are now +39 levels above her own.

This is in the SSB area, a NEWBIE area, why in heck are deep space encounters auto-adjusting at that exthreme of a level? That makes it nearly impossible for newbies of that area to fight in those encounters when someone many levels above them have caused the mobs to nearly one-shot newbs (my sister was destroyed in mere seconds, where as before she had no problems)

I really hope this is a screw up by Cryptic...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
I know what you mean. That has to be on of the stupidest things I have seen. I would hate to see them lock out high level guys from helping their friends though. They should just turn off the auto-adjusting levels or at least limit it to something that it only a few levels above the level for the area.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I might want to help a friend do those missions, but I also might want to take it on myself or with other high level friends and want a challenge.

I guess if there are more lower level players than higher level players, keep it lower.

Maybe have a special instance room available to those how are beyond the area's level that is clearly labeled and warns you before entering that is set specifically for higher level players and only for higher level plays.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Comments removed
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
A simple mechanism of Adding all the Player's levels then dividing by the number of players to determine the Average level and then place NPC's of that strength in the instance should help.

Honestly one of the reasons I want to equip a Miranda with mk X gear was so that I can switch to it and take part in the lower areas helping guildmates and friends that just started, that way i am still using en enjoying my older ships and I do not Overpower everything on sight either.

That way I can go back to each tier with the appropriate ship.