Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2010, 01:55 PM
OMG!!!!!! If u know they are censoring rants, then why you rant in this thread known you going to be deleted anyways... stop wasting our read time in this crap OP post... go to your mom and rant her....
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badonkee View Post
Many people came to this game as there was nothing out there new enough to try. STO looked like a new game that I could enjoy similar to POTBS, or COH. Now I wish I never tried it, you ask why? My friends talked me into it sure, but I still have fun playing it. Why am I quiting then?

I refuse to be part of the Drama;

1. First day of head start, STO burned out my perfectly fine 8800GTS video card 3 hours into playing it.

2. The tech support ticket was never responded to, and the forums blamed my case or the fact that I didn't put an after market cooling system on my card.

3. There are patches every couple days and I have no Idea why, or what changes they make till i find more bugs in game, like my mini map breaking in ground pvp.

4. 90 days free being offered to new players spells death in any language for a brand new game 4 weeks after release no less!!!

5. Forums being censored. Seriously that is very bad news, Cryptic should have known that so many ****ed off trekkies and lifetime supscription holders have nothing else to do but rant publically. They are ****ed off! And should be, they yell and scream because they have no other recourse.

6. Liking a game is not enough to keep paying to play it. MMOs have a responsibility to keep its customers happier than any other due to the subscription they pay. If you sense a problem, or your friends start quitting, get out before you Throw too much money away. That hard earned cash should go to a company you can trust to create the longevity in game play you expect from mmos played in the past.

7. Ive played so many mmos at lauch i won't list them, but if you have too, you'll notice several things that are unforgiveable:

a. Big name games comming out to dissapointing content.
b. Lack of kept promises lead to even worse things down the road.
c. How are the forums managed, censored.

So trekkies, here is your equivallant to Star Wars Galaxies. Congrats, you have more in common with star wars fans than you thought. I have no vested interest in this games success or failure, but I am sure everyone will agree with me in one respect;

We demand better from MMOs at launch, this is not another testing phase. We as a whole, want to know what to expect before we buy a game and do not like aspects pulled out from under us at release.
No 'we'. You don't speak for all of us. Your trolling skills are pathetically weak.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Many people came to this game as there was nothing out there new enough to try. STO looked like a new game that I could enjoy similar to POTBS, or COH. Now I wish I never tried it, you ask why? My friends talked me into it sure, but I still have fun playing it. Why am I quiting then?

I refuse to be part of the Drama;

1. First day of head start, STO burned out my perfectly fine 8800GTS video card 3 hours into playing it.

2. The tech support ticket was never responded to, and the forums blamed my case or the fact that I didn't put an after market cooling system on my card.

3. There are patches every couple days and I have no Idea why, or what changes they make till i find more bugs in game, like my mini map breaking in ground pvp.

4. 90 days free being offered to new players spells death in any language for a brand new game 4 weeks after release no less!!!

5. Forums being censored. Seriously that is very bad news, Cryptic should have known that so many ****ed off trekkies and lifetime supscription holders have nothing else to do but rant publically. They are ****ed off! And should be, they yell and scream because they have no other recourse.

6. Liking a game is not enough to keep paying to play it. MMOs have a responsibility to keep its customers happier than any other due to the subscription they pay. If you sense a problem, or your friends start quitting, get out before you Throw too much money away. That hard earned cash should go to a company you can trust to create the longevity in game play you expect from mmos played in the past.

7. Ive played so many mmos at lauch i won't list them, but if you have too, you'll notice several things that are unforgiveable:

a. Big name games comming out to dissapointing content.
b. Lack of kept promises lead to even worse things down the road.
c. How are the forums managed, censored.

So trekkies, here is your equivallant to Star Wars Galaxies. Congrats, you have more in common with star wars fans than you thought. I have no vested interest in this games success or failure, but I am sure everyone will agree with me in one respect;

We demand better from MMOs at launch, this is not another testing phase. We as a whole, want to know what to expect before we buy a game and do not like aspects pulled out from under us at release.
lol

So, to sum up, you hate this game because it is an MMO?

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. You just named everything everyone has ever complained about in any MMO ever launched.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
6. Liking a game is not enough to keep paying to play it.
This just baffles me...uh. I'll have to go now and be baffled...
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyInferno
This just baffles me...uh. I'll have to go now and be baffled...
I agree. I can't think of any reason that I play games other than that I like it...
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atemporal View Post
I agree. I can't think of any reason that I play games other than that I like it...
I can: game testers and i am sure a lot of them really hate their jobs at times.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctordemento View Post
I can: game testers and i am sure a lot of them really hate their jobs at times.
Well, I was referring to why I, in particular, play games. Although I wouldn't turn down a job as a game tester. It sounds like it's a pretty good job, all in all.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-05-2010, 02:28 PM
this is so going to get blocked soon...
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelu
this is so going to get blocked soon...
ppl keep saying that, Im surprised it hasnt yet to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Guy guys GUYS!!!! And gals......

WHY do we have to do this? Its a thread post, and we dont agree. But its not like he insulted your religion, or mother, or your children.

All these snotty comments need to go. OP posted his gripes, some of you accuse him of trolling, and then you go off insulting him as though he's given you some kind of offense.

I have a feeling a good deal of you are grown ups. ACT like it.

I didnt agree with him and I said so, but I didnt INSULT him. Whats the point in that? Do some of you have sad little lives that you have to make yourselves feel better by insulting someone you dont even know based on his opinions on a VIDEO GAME????

Get real. The lot of you.

This community could do better than that. I know we could.