Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
I've been told, that this is a great possibility if I continue to play.

But sadly, this isn't the tip of a really nasty iceberg.

-Tim
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Considering it yes...
Realising that a divorce over a game is rather petty... Also yes.

So no.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Considering it yes...
Realising that a divorce over a game is rather petty... Also yes.

So no.
Thankfully this is the most SANE reason my wife would have. I'm just terribly tired of raising our two children all day, running my business for someone who can't see the big picture, or ever be happy with what she has.

There is a constant tone of negativity in the home when she is around. That I cannot change, that's personal.

-Tim
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Only if the wife passes the office while I'm "working late on an important project" and hears the sound of phasers... and possibly me yelling "Come about! Ninety degrees starboard, pitch 20 degrees! Fire all port weapons! Standby aft photon torpedo!!!"....

Heh... I really love this game (but I love her more, I guess).

Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Well some women look at you using the game and blowing time in it as cheating on them as now they have competition with a machine. Honestly man from what you describe fire the dead weight as it just sounds like she's hanging on so you pay her way.

REGARDLESS of the situation there shouldn't be a negative tone coming from someone you want to spend your life with. That only happens when a person changes their mind and feels trapped or stuck.

Good luck on whatever you decide. With 8.9 women to every one man on the planet. If she wants to leave or some petty video game, I'd get up walk over to the door and open it then sit back down.

That's just me though. You are thee only one who can decide what's best for you. Seems like though you're looking for approval and not guidance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Chat would like to quote a brilliant person... Herself.

Get rid of her. You wont gain anything by staying with someone you do not want to be with.

THE END!

ps. with get rid Chat means divorce... Sadly murder is looked down upon by society.

And it is oddly fitting that this song is playing atm in her headset.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Chat would like to quote a brilliant person... Herself.

Get rid of her. You wont gain anything by staying with someone you do not want to be with.

THE END!

ps. with get rid Chat means divorce... Sadly murder is looked down upon by society.

And it is oddly fitting that this song is playing atm in her headset.
Chat speaks the truth. You ain't happy, time to move on.

However, this is sadly more difficult than telling someone to do such. See my other threads raving about how much I love redheads. Combined with the fact that I've had one taunt my dreams since before I was 13, add in that my wife is not a redhead, nor slightly interested in anything I am...though she is my best friend and I do care for her, we both know we aren't meant to be.

Divorce is just too dang expensive, and DIY divorce is full of legalese my brain can't comprehend.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosGladiator View Post
Well some women look at you using the game and blowing time in it as cheating on them as now they have competition with a machine. Honestly man from what you describe fire the dead weight as it just sounds like she's hanging on so you pay her way.

REGARDLESS of the situation there shouldn't be a negative tone coming from someone you want to spend your life with. That only happens when a person changes their mind and feels trapped or stuck.

Good luck on whatever you decide. With 8.9 women to every one man on the planet. If she wants to leave or some petty video game, I'd get up walk over to the door and open it then sit back down.

That's just me though. You are thee only one who can decide what's best for you. Seems like though you're looking for approval and not guidance.

Wife called me gay for hanging out on teamspeak with my fleet, talking about the game.

lol... far from it thankfully. =oP

Yeah, she's just grasping at straws and trying to cause a ruckus.

I would leave, but my kids would end up with psycho lady.

-Tim
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTechJ View Post

However, this is sadly more difficult than telling someone to do such. See my other threads raving about how much I love redheads. Combined with the fact that I've had one taunt my dreams since before I was 13, add in that my wife is not a redhead, nor slightly interested in anything I am...though she is my best friend and I do care for her, we both know we aren't meant to be.

Divorce is just too dang expensive, and DIY divorce is full of legalese my brain can't comprehend.
Chats boyfriend is the epitome of everything she finds unattractive.
Blond, long haired, skinny, goth... hippie... 8bit gamer... List goes on and on.
Yet... For some reason he is the most dreamiest guy Chat has ever met. Rawr.
5 years together next month.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTechJ View Post

I feel your pain... for I too, love the redhead.

-Tim