Lt. Commander
# 1 GM965 Problem
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I have a Lenovo X61 with the damn Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset from Intel. I looked on these forums and found a way to update the driver, and I then did so. However, the game is still not working and after 5-10 minutes the computer will just shut down on me. Is there any fix here for someone using that specific chipset. Thanks in advance. I'd really hate to just return this game as I've waited years for its release.

I'm assuming my problem here is the graphics card built into my chipset. I can't see what else would cause this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garak1987 View Post
I have a Lenovo X61 with the damn Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset from Intel. I looked on these forums and found a way to update the driver, and I then did so. However, the game is still not working and after 5-10 minutes the computer will just shut down on me. Is there any fix here for someone using that specific chipset. Thanks in advance. I'd really hate to just return this game as I've waited years for its release.

I'm assuming my problem here is the graphics card built into my chipset. I can't see what else would cause this.
Your system might be overheating if it just powers off with full battery. Is there anything to tell you about that in the BIOS?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighscott
Your system might be overheating if it just powers off with full battery. Is there anything to tell you about that in the BIOS?
Overheating seems to be a good explanation. What would I do to take care of that problem? I already have the computer on a fan.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
wow check out this thread on that laptop and overheating

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series...4353CB7FD0D788