Lt. Commander
# 1 slow patch download
03-05-2010, 03:17 PM
When downloading the almost "daily" patches, I am only getting download speeds of around 10-15KB/s and this is not an ISP issue as I regularly get download speeds of 100KB/s+ everywhere else and up to 400KB/s in the middle of the night. This means to get into the game I have to wait around 30min to download the patches almost every day before playing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupdog85 View Post
When downloading the almost "daily" patches, I am only getting download speeds of around 10-15KB/s and this is not an ISP issue as I regularly get download speeds of 100KB/s+ everywhere else and up to 400KB/s in the middle of the night. This means to get into the game I have to wait around 30min to download the patches almost every day before playing.
The patch downloads on TCP 7255, nobody else is using that port for dowloads so it could be your ISP throttling it think it is p2p or something else.

A few things you can check on your side quickly, see if auto tuning is causing an issue and see if the small packets during the patch process are an issue with your router / modem.
Quote:
Receive Window Auto-Tuning - When the receive window autotuning feature is enabled, older routers, older firewalls, and older operating systems that are incompatible with the receive window autotuning feature may sometimes cause slow data transfer or a loss of connectivity

Run the command prompt in administrator mode by going to Start -> Programs -> Accessories right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Restrict autotuning by running “netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=restricted” from the command prompt.
Reboot your PC.

If all else fails, in order to disable this feature, run "netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled".
Reboot your PC.

In order to reenable autotuning, run “netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal”.
Set your network adapter on the PC down to 10 full from auto or change this on your router / modem LAN interface.

If wireless change your network to 802.11b (22Mbps).

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...91#post2162991

Run the nettest and see what you get for transfers on tcp 7255 port, post the results of nettest here.

http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe