Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysis
Either Nintendo cannot make them fast enough or they are keeping the supply lower than the demand intentionally. Who knows.

I gave one as a gift in 2008: bought it over a month before Christmas. When I purchased mine I bought the last one Wal-Mart had.

Typically, you cannot reserve one. Find out when the shipment comes in, and go to the store as soon as you can. You can probably order one online somewhere.
i'm sure it's the former. Only an idiot would intentionally keep supply low, especially with the demand there has been for them since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
i'm sure it's the former. Only an idiot would intentionally keep supply low, especially with the demand there has been for them since launch.
I dunno. I think there was a recently court case over a few LCD companies 'price fixing' and keeping thier production low, in order to keep prices hight.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I dunno. I think there was a recently court case over a few LCD companies 'price fixing' and keeping thier production low, in order to keep prices hight.
Not really the same, considering the fact that, until recently, the Wii was the lowest-priced gaming system available, of the current-gen ones. I do believe it's tied with the bargain-bin 360, but who would want that, anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Not really the same, considering the fact that, until recently, the Wii was the lowest-priced gaming system available, of the current-gen ones. I do believe it's tied with the bargain-bin 360, but who would want that, anyway?
Hmm well they have already been taken to court for something similar.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Happy_Stromboli
I have been trying to buy a Wii for the past 2 months. None of the Best Buys in my area have them. No Walmarts, Targets, NO PLACE HAS THEM. Why Nintendo? Why is stock so short for the months that I have been trying to get one? I want to buy from an actual store but no one has them. Guess I'll have to keep playing this blasted STO. F&$&#!
You're not out of luck. You're IN luck.

What in the world would possess you to buy a Wii? WHY? Its......for little kids man! Last gen graphics. And it has silly little motion remotes that you wave around in the air. You cant maintain arm flab if you do that.

And games are all about sitting on your rump and doing practically nothing. Excersise is for single people. Im married.

Anyways, go get a 360 or a PS3. A Wii? Are you serious? For shame.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
fortunately, this time next year, you'll have what you really want
l]
You and me wrestling in a ring of jello?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Hmm well they have already been taken to court for something similar.
True, but it's still a situation where the price fix was to keep prices UP, where as the Wii was always kept DOWN.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
You're not out of luck. You're IN luck.

What in the world would possess you to buy a Wii? WHY? Its......for little kids man! Last gen graphics. And it has silly little motion remotes that you wave around in the air. You cant maintain arm flab if you do that.

And games are all about sitting on your rump and doing practically nothing. Excersise is for single people. Im married.

Anyways, go get a 360 or a PS3. A Wii? Are you serious? For shame.
Didn't you quit STO like 6 months ago?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Didn't you quit STO like 6 months ago?
6 months ago! The game wasnt even OUT then strombolia! And you darn well know it. Besides, you're the one who was quitting then not quitting just like me! So dont go around acting all innocent and stuff.

YOU'RE the one wanting to buy a console named after human genetilia !

Get real Stromboneee. You want a Wii. A WII !!!! Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 20 uhmmm
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
I have been trying to buy a Wii for the past 2 months. None of the Best Buys in my area have them. No Walmarts, Targets, NO PLACE HAS THEM. Why Nintendo? Why is stock so short for the months that I have been trying to get one? I want to buy from an actual store but no one has them. Guess I'll have to keep playing this blasted STO. F&$&#!
and this is in STO forums why again?
Closed Thread