Lt. Commander
# 1 Subsystem targeting?
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
As a long time fan of Star Trek sims such as Bridge Commander and Klingon Academy, something that has bugged me this entire time with STO is the lack of sub-system targeting and the ability to simply disable the enemy ship. Are these any features that you guys would consider to implement in the future?

Otherwise, really enjoying the game. Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 04:29 PM
tactical BO can get subsystem targeting abilities

EDIT: 10th from the top on this list http://stofan.comxa.com/databank/bos...cal&type=Space
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
tactical BO can get subsystem targeting abilities
Is that so? How does this work out, exactly? Do i get a list of subsystems to choose from or something similar?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 04:31 PM
And science ships can target subsystems too
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I edited my post with a link, take a look. There are 4 skills, one to target each subsystem
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM
there are also subsystem target controls on the bottom of the weapons panel that let you select your target subsystem for your next shot, which are engines, weapons, shields, or auxillery, and if you use them you get a % chance at disabling that system. I usually dont use them much because there's no key bind to them which makes it difficult to use when you're focusing on flying and shooting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonDigital
there are also subsystem target controls on the bottom of the weapons panel that let you select your target subsystem for your next shot, which are engines, weapons, shields, or auxillery, and if you use them you get a % chance at disabling that system. I usually dont use them much because there's no key bind to them which makes it difficult to use when you're focusing on flying and shooting.
This is only available in science ships, and the Klingon carrier. The other ships do not have those options.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonDigital
You can drag them over to your skills panel to bind them to keys

Also, there's 4 skills, target weapons, shields, engines and auxiliary
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 05:06 PM

Certain weapons will disable a random sub-system once and a while.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmaster2000 View Post
As a long time fan of Star Trek sims such as Bridge Commander and Klingon Academy, something that has bugged me this entire time with STO is the lack of sub-system targeting and the ability to simply disable the enemy ship. Are these any features that you guys would consider to implement in the future?

Otherwise, really enjoying the game. Keep up the good work!
Tactical captains of the rank of Commander and up and Tactical BOffs can target subsystems. The Tactical captains get the whole array at once, while the BOffs are limited to selecting one or two.

I don't know about that Science ship comment. I'm a Tactical Captain who flies a Science ship, but I'm pretty sure it's the fact that I am Tactical that I have the subsystem targeting ability and not because of my ship.