Lt. Commander
# 1 New trick i been seeing IN PVP
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I been having ships hit me and zap all my shield power.

i run about 67 shields normally. they zap about 90ish power from me. just think if they add drain power.!

not sure exactly how this is done but the effect is outstanding.

im sure there using target shields subsystems. maybe jacked up with other effects. i don't even know what lvl target shields they use. all i know is the baseline science/carrier subsystem does not have this effect.

well either way, the end result is the same, i have 0 power to shields. this means , i have NO shields. not just the attacked shields, BUT all shields go off line. 20 seconds duration? meanwhile i cannot use RSP. i cannot protected or defend in anyway. All i can do is pop a shield battery, till the next time they do it again. ive had last 1 time and got my sheilds back with 15% hull and loaded RSP thinking wow, maybe ill win. but they do it again. and take them ofline right away.

i can not heal if all damage goes to my hull; i doubt extend shield helps. cause i have no shields to buff.

i been running into players who use this tatic every time i run into them. Not like its a random chance to remove my shields., It a command they can use at will. Remove shields SPam torps. pick next target.

seems to be a common tatic now. so i think everybody needs to learn how this works.

how do you protect vrs this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
That's most likely Target Shield Systems. Possibly backed up by Starship Operations Training, Starship Sensors, and Starship Sensor Array skills, including from gear.

And as to how to protect? Resists and hull heals, rather than a shield focus.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 05:52 PM
hull resists is a game cruisers play. if your not a cruiser what can you do?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 06:09 PM
You can run ET and 2x HE. And possibly a resist console or two. And team with other players who have the same sort of useful buffs to use on you.

You can also pop something like EPtEngines I, an engine battery, Evasive Maneuvers, and/or ramming speed and run away. Don't bother with EPtEngines II, it is bugged and the recharge doesn't get reduced as you skill up the power.

Oh, and with an EPS Flow Regulator, you could also quickly swap to a higher shield setting, which might be enough to get you over the drain amount. Say a 25/100/50/25 setting, so you get some shields back while you run away.

Now, the thing is a tactical power, so really it's debuff should be removable with Tactical Team. If it isn't, well, I'd bug that. No clue if it is or not.

Of course, they do like to combine it with SNB (if they are science captains) and lock you out of all your powers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2010, 07:06 AM
There are sooo many ways to counter this tactic, it's not even funny.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyrd View Post
hull resists is a game cruisers play. if your not a cruiser what can you do?
False, there are a lot of low rank skills that give insane high resistances for 15-20 seconds.. so any ship can counter it.
The duration of the drop is like 10 seconds or 15... soooo... come on.. don't rely on shields..., never do.

People really wants to be invincible and space bar there enemies to death while they dont loose a HP or anything?? Why every tactic has to get complained on the forum...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2010, 07:14 AM
nothing affects the drain once it has been placed on you. get used to it.

edit:
mine drains for 80 shield power, I love players like the OP because its so easy to kill them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2010, 07:36 AM
I think i killed the OP yesteday like 10x during several matches....uhm.......

Still..the best tactic agains it..is to...RUN!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2010, 07:37 AM
as a bop player i find as soon s someone looks at me funny i hear x shield is down, sometimes i use the one rsp i have mostly it isn't available, i have hazard emitters/ evasive/ brace for impact as a sci dampening field not to mention jam sensors if it is an attack by one party. you could have eng teams too but i tend not to use them. tbh not a tactic i have been subjected to myself, but peeps probably don't waste it on bops so i couldn't say with 100% certainty which team would be required to purge it but i would guess tac as it is a tac bo ability
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
as a bop player i find as soon s someone looks at me funny i hear x shield is down, sometimes i use the one rsp i have mostly it isn't available, i have hazard emitters/ evasive/ brace for impact as a sci dampening field not to mention jam sensors if it is an attack by one party. you could have eng teams too but i tend not to use them. tbh not a tactic i have been subjected to myself, but peeps probably don't waste it on bops so i couldn't say with 100% certainty which team would be required to purge it but i would guess tac as it is a tac bo ability
Eng team repairs disabled subsystems.
I never tried tac team for that.. but it could remove the energy debuff ( no gain of energy )