Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected Shield Bug testing
03-16-2010, 03:38 PM
So I have seen people who are griping about being caught behind the shield. Now, I think figured this out with my crew a few days ago and I've tested it a few times since then.

Yes, I know how not to get trapped behind the shield... I think. There are two steps to take. First, don't stand right next to the center to upload the virus. Second, don't send 2 people off to work on the next shield when the first doesn't have the virus.

What I saw happening on our runs was this:
1. kill borg
2. activate terminals
3. one person uploads virus while 2 move on.
4. virus guy is caught behind the shield.

Second attempt:
1. kill borg
2. activate terminals
3. one person uploads virus while 1 moves away.
4. virus guy got caught occasionally.

So we changed up the process as follows:

1. kill the borg on the platform.
2. activate the terminals
3. all three shield people stand where the shield used to be and upload the virus.
4. jump away.

Basically after several runs on the last room, we found that if all 3 shield guys stayed on the platform and loaded the virus before moving on, no one got caught behind the shield.

So, test it out and see what you folks think. I think more than 1 group checking this out would yield a more definitive answer to the "help i'm trapped in the shield" problem.

Hope this helps anyone out there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Shield goes up immediately if ANYONE leaves the platform before the virus is uploaded.

Make sure any people who you do not want on the platform waiting to upload the virus are already off of it by the time the shield goes down.

So, yeah, keep the three shield guys on there until the virus goes up.