Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
From what i have read in other posts, you are right about the same damage for a lot cheaper like in Disrupters and phasers but also from other posts the Antiprotons really seam to shine on the crit damage, for a kill? Im running a Dual tet beam bank and a dual Anti beam bank up front with a quantum torp in the mid of them. It would be interesting to see the difference in having a dual disrupter beam and a dual phaser beam bank instead. It would be kind of hard to tell since they have the same damage but would be nice to see if you could really tell the effect difference in a kill...
Lt. Commander
Best for optimization to start out with phasers or disruptors because of how cheap it is to train them. I myself have plasma and phasers trained simply because its fun and Im willing to sacrifice some other useful skills for fun. Its also great to light someone's hull on fire or knock out their subsystems. Another up-side of plasma and phasers is being able to see the proc visually. This is very important to me right now.