Lt. Commander
Question 1:
How do you beat the thing?

The following are what I believe to be true, but I am open to other suggestions, since none of this has been proven to me so far:

-The CE heals everytime a shard is destroyed (whether attacked or it hits someone)
-If players fly in the same direction around the CE The crystals will form a string and thus be relatively harmless.

Question 2:
How do you get a bunch of randome strangers to adopt a winning strategy?

Recently I was in a 16 man instance against this thing and we were failing misrably. I formed a team of people who where interested in finally seeing that damn thing beat, and so we went through instances untillo we found one that seemed good. However, others soon joined and ruined it for us.

This is the best way of trying to get people to do things right I found. Suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoDriver
-The CE heals everytime a shard is destroyed (whether attacked or it hits someone)
-If players fly in the same direction around the CE The crystals will form a string and thus be relatively harmless.
Nope, the Crytaline Entity heals when "Small Fragments" get back to it.
3 "Small Fragments" are created when a "Large Fragment" hits a Target (Player, Mine, Heavy Plasma,Tricobalt, anything that is targetable and friendly on your screen).

If you blow up a "Large Fragment" with a not targetable weapon (Beam, Cannon, most Torpedoes exept for Plasma and Tricobalt) small fragments are not spawned and the main Entity will not get healed.

The Entity has self regeneration too but that isnt nearly as bad as the small fragments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoDriver
How do you beat the thing?
Well you dont usually because theres always someone to ruin it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Please do a search in the forums for "crystalline entity". I have posted in at least 2 threads, strategies for defeating the CE and mechanics of the fight. There's really no need to post this information in a new thread. In fact, here's a link to a thread where I've posted the information you seek:

Crystalline Entity FAQ

My post is the third one down
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, there is a reason. Doing a search populates way too many threads to look through. Thanks for the info.