Lt. Commander
# 1 Quick Keys Getting Remapped
03-06-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm starting to get really ticked off with the fact that, almost every new session I start, I discover my Quick Keys are randomly remapped.

WHY?

This is insane that I have to try to rearrange them on each new session....if I can do it at all....or have to learn the new locations.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 06:09 AM
In case you just removed keys you don't need:
Don't remove them but move them to bars you are not using or they come back what's maybe the reason for your prob.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah it's ridiculous.

My phasers keep returning to my action bar. I didn't even know I got a new skill when I got a few captain skills because rather than those skills being added my phasers showed up again.

I wonder if this all goes back to cryptic trying to help us play.

CRYPTIC, YOU WANNA HELP ME PLAY BETTER? THEN STOP HELPING!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2010, 11:43 PM
@Druuna: I'm not removing ANYTHING. But, things are getting removed without any help from me and things are getting moved around...ALSO without any help from me.

I went on an Away Mission and one of my very important Quick Keys was completely missing. While the battle was going on, I had to take care of INVENTORY!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I've had to re-do my toolbar countless times. It seems to never save how you have your skills and just puts whatever where ever it wants.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Simply put the powers (you don't want to see) on other tabs.

For example I run 2 bars with the bridge officers underneath.

I put all the BO powers on Tab 10, all my weapons on tab 9, and any leftovers on tab 8.

Then I go to tab 1 and 2 and set up my devices and powers. Everything stays where they should. The only time it changes is when you get new powers or a new ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 08:12 PM
IMHO:

To all with this problem:

I have noticed that this only happens after a patch has been released. Every time in the last couple of weeks I have to redo my action bars also (especially after a patch)

After todays patch I forgot to check over my action bars and jumped into a DSE with a friend and ended up having to leave because my weapons and skills would not work at all.

I had to reset my keybinds to their default settings and then redo all of my custom settings again..

Really Cryptic this has gotten beyond annoying for me with each and every patch this happening...

Please do something about this unwanted behavior like adding the option for us to save our keybindings in a file that doesn't get over written with each new patch.

later
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki_Draken_Magus
Simply put the powers (you don't want to see) on other tabs...............
What possible sense does this make?!? Why would you NOT want to see powers that you DO HAVE?

I run my Quick Key control bar at the maximum size so that I can access any and all that I have currently assigned to my ship....or character/team. Why would I want to HIDE any of them?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyre.Straits View Post
What possible sense does this make?!? Why would you NOT want to see powers that you DO HAVE?

I run my Quick Key control bar at the maximum size so that I can access any and all that I have currently assigned to my ship....or character/team. Why would I want to HIDE any of them?
I don't want to see my BO powers on my tabs since they have their own tab. Often, the BO powers end up on my power bars and clutter up everything. So by dragging (a copy) of the BO Powers on tabs 8-10, I dont see them on my power bars( tabs 1 and 2).

It's the same with abandon ship and Transward, I don't need to "see" them on my main power bars, so they go to tabs 8-10 where they stay.....out of sight, out of mind.

Also, it seems when I switch weapons, their icon winds up on my main tabs. So, since I don't want to "see" them on my main tabs, they go to tabs 8-10 as well.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's a good temp fix till the devs get this problem solved.