Lt. Commander
Undocumented feature or Bug with today's patch?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I could accept this. It would be a reasonable balance to cloaking, as we have all heard of the half hour matches where klingons hide unreasonably and try to bore the other team to death. Science players cant always hunt out klingons, as their tracking and revealing abilities are fairly close range or pot luck depth charges into nowhere. It's like playing "battleships".

It would also have the fantastic effect of scaring people silly. Like seeing a big shadow under the water and knowing it is a shark.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Who would hang around for a half hour? The only thing I can think of that might have caused that was an afker that cloaked and the queue system was botched or something.

I have better things to do with my 1/2 of time than grief the Feds.

The issue I have with this is that if Cryptic caved in on this from all the Fed QQ we will be nerfed into the ground until we never win, which is exactly what they want. This is a dangerous precedent.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Sometimes some Klingons wait for more Klingons so the fight is balanced. And after this patch, the queue awfully 1 sides at the beginning. So it's understandable.

But on the bright side, it's not something that the Federation players can use to zero on you. In fact, it can be fun, because you can come in below or above them and make like your flying through their fed ball.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111

The issue I have with this is that if Cryptic caved in on this from all the Fed QQ we will be nerfed into the ground until we never win, which is exactly what they want. This is a dangerous precedent.
And that just about sums it up.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
Undocumented feature or Bug with today's patch?
Jeez, are you serious? The devs did this? Why don't they just ****i*g delete this faction altogether if they want to begin removing a defining characteristic of KDF warships?

It is no longer a God-Damn cloak if people know where you're at!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Can I get my BoP skill points back because this is a big bite out of the effectiveness of the battle cloak. Science vessels are going to have an easy time running us down because they can see exactly where we go.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
OP, I really, really hoped you were BS'ing, but I hopped on my Fed Tier 3 Character, got into a quick PvP match to confirm.

Unfortunately you are telling the horrible truth. The devs Stealth Nerfed Cloaks. The sole KDF player our full 5 man group faced again shows up as a nice, convenient red arrow on the map despite him in full cloak as a BoP.

I sent him a tell about the new situation regarding cloaks. Sent him a tell since i can hover my cursor over his red arrow on the mini-map and tell what his name is.

So... Feds no longer have to worry about where the Klingons are. They simply can chase them down with Science captains, bust them out of cloak, and that's that. They no longer have to worry where the KDF is, not even have to worry about what direction the KDF will attack from.

F*ck you, Devs. F*ck you very much.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I just found a post from the Devs on the cloak issue in the Game bugs area and he indicates that it is a bug.

They need to fix this asap.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Oh so thats why all Klings stoped space pvping today they can no longer hide and run away.