A few of the changes of the latest patch on tribble..
* There are no longer any firing restrictions on cannons. (Removed shared cooldown)
* Weapon power costs now show in weapon tooltips.
* Increased DHC cost from 5 to 12 power.
* Increased DC cost from 5 to 8 power.
* Increased SC cost from 5 to 6 power.
* Reduced Turret cost from 5 to 4 power.
* Rescaled Rapid Fire damage. Previously, all ranks of Rapid Fire were behaving as if they were Rapid Fire 3.
* Rapid Fire was applying extra damage to Single Cannons, Turrets and Dual Cannons. Dual Heavy Cannons were behaving properly, so all cannons now receive an equivalent boost to Dual Heavy Cannons.
Combined, those two changes above mean Rapid Fire now scales from 30% DPS increase to 40% then 50% for tier 3. Previously, it was 48% for Dual Heavy Cannons and 68% for everything else.
Dual Heavy Cannons
Now come with an innate 10% critical severity bonus.
So rapid fire has been bugged all this time.... interesting
I understand the EPS nerf, but this pigeon-holes console choice more than anything. Drop the console to 2.5 maybe and then have harsh diminishing returns on additional consoles. If I can get back to +4.5 power and still spam my energy weapons why pick something else?
whats certain though, is that battle cruiser DPS is going to be hurting after this goes live. Also BOP will lose damage for their utility or utility for their damage. I like this change, since it nerfs RF 1 and 2 but leaves 3 alone. People will actually have to have OR eat their cake, but not both.