Lt. Commander
# 31
03-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
i completely agree. but with Cryptic's very very vague manner of alluding to new content (and they have been doing so since OB) it seemed like something that was possible. to a lot of people.
It is possible, but only a fool would think that you can write Episodes in only a few weeks. It's taken Cryptic 2 years to write the Episodes the game does have. You can't expect these things to come in weeks. Check back in 3-4 months. Then, maybe.

Quote:
you have yet to see the real feedback from the KDF as a whole over this.
You keep saying that but I don't think you understand that thousands of us have Klingon characters. You're not the only one. Really.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
stop trolling. go roll a Klingon. experience firsthand how incomplete the faction is.

but, to get back on topic-what they're intending to Update in the OP is basically what they're testing on Tribble now, which has been linked on other posts in this thread.

by me.
enjoy
I have rolled a Klingon. They are incomplete compared to the federation, but that is why Cryptic is adding more stuff to them. Sure, right now the STF, Fleet actions, and exploration is all they can add, since it is in game already. The episodic stuff takes time to do right, unless you want a copy/paste of all the fed missions.

Your entire complaint is that they aren't working exclusively on Klingon content right now, and that the entire faction isn't fixed to how you want it right now. Being upset is one thing, but being angry that Cryptic does not meet your unreasonable expectations within an unreasonable time frame is just foolish and unrealistic. It is also unrealistic to think that Cryptic would or even should cater to one faction just because they don't have all the same stuff the other faction does.

In short, Either you want stuff now, or you want it done well and done right. You can't have it both ways, Period.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Cosmic, in the vagueness of it all, it seemed as if it might be feasible for them to have been working on story for KDF for longer than that.

so...a lot of people got fooled then.

thanks for lettin me know i'm not the only one out there.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Cosmic, in the vagueness of it all, it seemed as if it might be feasible for them to have been working on story for KDF for longer than that.
You do understand that up-to about late January of this year Klingons were only supposed to be PvP, right? Then the Klingon players and OB players started demanding PvE material. Cyptic said that would start writing some. That will take many-many weeks to go from story concept, to scrip, to animation, to testing, to live. It wasn't planned before launch because the concept was that Klingons were for people who only wanted to experience PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-06-2010, 05:14 PM
btw, if anyone is still reading this thread, just got done exploring all the new Klingon PvE content on Tribble.

KDF gets 2 fleet actions, they are Dig SIte and Crystalline entity. 1 ground, 1 space
and neither zone chat nor local chat work in either of them

and 4 exploration missions which have their own brand spanking new sectors, which i cannot enter. upon clicking the prompt to 'warp to deep space' i am promptly notified by the KDF traffic control i am 'not cleared to enter deep space'. this happened for all 4 new areas.

i understand that Tribble is up so we can test new content, and today is just the first day that it's up.
and i have filed bug reports in-game.

but how exactly are we suppose to test new content we can't get to? and yes i had a friend of mine that was a Lt. try to get into T'ong Nebula after picking up the mission for it, he couldnt get in either.

how do i form a group for a fleet action if i cant use zone or local chat? (btw, in both FA's -crystalline entity and dig site-i was the only non-NPC on either map, w/no other maps available when i went to change instances)

also, these are suppose to be released in 2 weeks. Cryptic has to get these areas OPEN before then, so we can actually TEST them.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
btw, if anyone is still reading this thread, just got done exploring all the new Klingon PvE content on Tribble.

and 4 exploration missions which have their own brand spanking new sectors, which i cannot enter. upon clicking the prompt to 'warp to deep space' i am promptly notified by the KDF traffic control i am 'not cleared to enter deep space'. this happened for all 4 new areas.

i understand that Tribble is up so we can test new content, and today is just the first day that it's up.
and i have filed bug reports in-game.

but how exactly are we suppose to test new content we can't get to? and yes i had a friend of mine that was a Lt. try to get into T'ong Nebula after picking up the mission for it, he couldnt get in either.

how do i form a group for a fleet action if i cant use zone or local chat? (btw, in both FA's -crystalline entity and dig site-i was the only non-NPC on either map, w/no other maps available when i went to change instances)

also, these are suppose to be released in 2 weeks. Cryptic has to get these areas OPEN before then, so we can actually TEST them.
Just a heads up its not a bug according to this post.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134008

Some things that are turned off at the moment pending internal QA approval
iPvP Objective Maps
Klingon Ship Customization
New Stances
Klingon Star Cluster PVE Exploration
DS9 Fleet Action
New species, and costume updates
Off Duty Outfits (and extra costume slot)
Respec options

As you can see from that list those are turned off atm, as they are only doing a test run this weekend. Most likely to see how the server is running. The official unveiling is most likely to come later this week with more of the Update 1
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumikumi View Post
Just a heads up its not a bug according to this post.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134008

Some things that are turned off at the moment pending internal QA approval
iPvP Objective Maps
Klingon Ship Customization
New Stances
Klingon Star Cluster PVE Exploration
DS9 Fleet Action
New species, and costume updates
Off Duty Outfits (and extra costume slot)
Respec options

As you can see from that list those are turned off atm, as they are only doing a test run this weekend. Most likely to see how the server is running. The official unveiling is most likely to come later this week with more of the Update 1
ur link failed for me. can i have another?
but no this wouldn't surprise me.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Updated the link, should be working now.