Lt. Commander
I have NO active accounts with Cryptic, and yet I have been getting billed 14.95 a month for a Cryptic account. I tried calling the number listed for contacting Cryptic about billing. First time I was on hold for 1 hour 15 minutes, then someone picked up the phone and hung up. I called back, after 1.5 hours, I had to hang up.

Tried again Friday, waited almost 2 hours, and no one picked up. Help! What do I do about this fraud on my credit card? Anyone from Cryptic on that can help?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Since you're posting here to complain, you do, in fact, have an active account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Was it the 1-408-404-1714 number and not the phone number listed on your credit card statement? I used the billing support number yesterday for an issue with Champions Online and waited about 5 minutes before getting a live person who was actually helpful for once.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Since you're posting here to complain, you do, in fact, have an active account.
Yes, I do, it is CANCELLED, not due to be billed for a week or so... and yet Im being billed. With fanbois like the above poster, it's no wonder the community is a bit nasty in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2010, 12:55 PM
They put you on pimp lockdown!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Was it the 1-408-404-1714 number? I used that yesterday for a billing issue and waited about 5 minutes before getting a live person.
Yep, thats the one. I have almost 6 total hours of wait time accumulated so far. One time someone picked up just to hang the line up, but that is the only action I've gotten. Help, Cryptic....
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I wonder...

What on on Earth can players of this game do to help you?

Oh, I know! NOTHING.

If you're posting in the forums in the 'hopes' that someone fro Cryptic stumbles upon it, good luck. This is not the way to contact Cryptic.

I'd suggest you make some lemonade. Since you are paying for it why not make an account and start playing STO? It's really fun.

Welcome aboard.

Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedanno View Post
Yep, thats the one. I have almost 6 total hours of wait time accumulated so far. One time someone picked up just to hang the line up, but that is the only action I've gotten. Help, Cryptic....
I must have been lucky. Try Monday morning again. When I called it was morning time so maybe it was less buzy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedanno View Post
Yes, I do, it is CANCELLED, not due to be billed for a week or so... and yet Im being billed. With fanbois like the above poster, it's no wonder the community is a bit nasty in this game.
Yeah, that's my fault. Good catch. I should have know that when you said "I have NO active accounts with Cryptic", you meant that you have a still active, canceled account.

wtf was I thinking... Must have been my fanboyism once again making the forum an unfriendly place for people to go off the deep end when someone takes their words at face value.

Since this got moved, and I don't post in tech support if I can help it, I'll just wish you good luck in your leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-06-2010, 01:13 PM
As the OP, I was also charged even though my account is now cancelled. I have the confirmation email from 2 weeks ago confirming cancellation and my account is cancelled up top, yet I can still post here. So how about you all give the OP some slack, he is not alone.

Thanks to this Cryptic blunder, I was charged $70 in overdraft fees to my account. I just got back from my bank where i filed an illegal charge affidavit to get the funds back. So now I have to wait a week and pray it goes through smoothly or I will not have enough money to pay all my bills. You will probably need to do this as well OP, especially if you were charged overdraft fees as I was.

Thanks a bunch Cryptic! Way to show that customer service.
Closed Thread