Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Interesting, I just tried to reply to threads on some of the other forum topics and it appears that you can only reply/create topics on the support forums without an active account. All other topics are blocked from replying or creating.

Looks like a couple of you in this thread owe the OP an appology.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
A $15 monthly subcription broke your bank account? Geez.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Guys, stop trolling please.

OP. If you paid via a credit card, contact them, let them know you have tried to contact cryptic mul;tipel times without success and you wish to request a chargeback, as the charge was unauthorised.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcomprime
A $15 monthly subcription broke your bank account? Geez.
Have you tried living on Unemployment? Every cent matters, you don't have a whole lot of extra cash to throw around (which is why I cancelled my account before it was to be charged).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruytoo View Post
Have you tried living on Unemployment? Every cent matters, you don't have a whole lot of extra cash to throw around (which is why I cancelled my account before it was to be charged).
Sorry for the off topic post, but I am living on post unemployment and fully understand what you mean about every penny counting. Hopefully Cryptic and the bank can work with you to resolve the overdraft fees.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
I have NO active accounts with Cryptic, and yet I have been getting billed 14.95 a month for a Cryptic account. I tried calling the number listed for contacting Cryptic about billing. First time I was on hold for 1 hour 15 minutes, then someone picked up the phone and hung up. I called back, after 1.5 hours, I had to hang up.

Tried again Friday, waited almost 2 hours, and no one picked up. Help! What do I do about this fraud on my credit card? Anyone from Cryptic on that can help?
1) Histrionics are not needed, just ask for help and we will look into things as we can (I'm currently working over a VPN on motel wireless, so my bandwidth is a little low right now). 2) I see no subscription charges on your account. There was a $1 test transaction in February when you setup your STO account, which was correctly cancelled (meaning it never went through to your bank account). After that I see nothing. You might want to confirm with your bank that these charges are what you think they are.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
1) Histrionics are not needed, just ask for help and we will look into things as we can (I'm currently working over a VPN on motel wireless, so my bandwidth is a little low right now). 2) I see no subscription charges on your account. There was a $1 test transaction in February when you setup your STO account, which was correctly cancelled (meaning it never went through to your bank account). After that I see nothing. You might want to confirm with your bank that these charges are what you think they are.
Does my account show charges? I am positive my charge was from Cryptic as it gave the phone number of 408-399-1969 which when I called was Cryptic (which was to a dial directory and the Operator voicemail was full). My bank account was charged on 3/4 (which is the date STO was due to be charged if I hadn't cancelled) and I cancelled my account on 2/24 and recieved this email confirmation from webmaster@crypticstudios.com:


Dear Ruytoo,

This email is to confirm that you have sucessfully cancelled your Recurring 1-Month subscription. We are sad to see you go! To reactivate, simply visit https://www.startrekonline.com/user. Your characters will be there waiting for you!

Thank you for subscribing to Star Trek Online!



Sincerely,

Cryptic Studios


So what's with my account then?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Looks like it is canceled to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
they billed me twice...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruytoo View Post
Interesting, I just tried to reply to threads on some of the other forum topics and it appears that you can only reply/create topics on the support forums without an active account. All other topics are blocked from replying or creating.

Looks like a couple of you in this thread owe the OP an appology.
Reread the later posts, OP originally posted in General.

For your issue specifically however, just a question as to if you setup multiple accounts or such, or if you have a CO account [since from what I understand those charges look identical].

Ted's answer really does apply to you too though if ya aren't having luck with billing support, which it looks like you are going through now, so that's good, and best of luck with that.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 AM.