Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I want it to be nothing like Eve Online. If I wanted to play Eve I'd just re-sub my Eve account and play it.
This^^

Two different games for two different kind of players. if i want to play EVE i would reactivate my account.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2010, 02:34 PM
i love startrek to bits, especialy voyager hense why i now fly an intepid class ship,

it all just seems a little disappointing and i think that there are a lot of other people who believe it could be better

i was looking at reviews and a lot of reviewers rated it quite low

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/startr...tml?qid=156041
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
i have been playing for a few months since beta testing, and i feel i have reached as far as i can get,

yes it may feel a little like a clone of a game maybe but why settle for second best

STO could quite easily find some break throughs that make it better than eve i just don't belive the game has enough depth at its current stage
Which is why they're adding stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2010, 02:40 PM
i agree as the reviews say that

STO - charachter creation is really good, that you can interact on planets, and that you can move through warp the way you can,

but what if your not into killing

startrek was never ever about killing

it is trying your best not to kill ... i know there is a war but even during war there was always diplomacy from ship to ship...

the game makers need to think more about what startrek really means especialy federation
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
This^^

Two different games for two different kind of players. if i want to play EVE i would reactivate my account.
Agreed, all games are unique Eve is a game that some like or dislike, same as World of ********, they all stand or fall on their own merits, its the same with STO, everyone plays what they like.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
but what if your not into killing

startrek was never ever about killing
Then why the heck do you want it to be like EvE?

EvE is all about the killing.

Unless you'd like to be able to mine asteroids all day in STO.

-np
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
want to improve startrek online... make it more like eve online and less like world of ********

allow me to sum up my thoughts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

seriously, there are some aspects of eve that i like, certainly the size and scope and a certain feeling of freedom but if it ever became like eve in the way it is played then i would leave after a few weeks for certain.
the skill system is a nightmare and way too long and complex. i dont want to spend six months researching a galaxy class cruiser to then learn i need to spend another six months learning the skills for decent weapons.

i dont want to spend thirty minutes going from one system to another on the other side of the map

i dont want to lose my ship i spent so long getting because i made a mistake, or getting ganked by a fleet of players sitting at the very placed i warped into, and having to re-buy all of my weapons, then realising i did not clone my captain or insure my ship

i dont want to mine asteroids for hours going back and forth or shooting at targets that i cant even see as anything more than red dots

doing boring story missions, that jump from super easy to incredible hard in the blink of an eye.

having to prove myself to a guild leader because they are worried im going to infiltrate their guild and steal their money.

making it like eve would not improve it. it would make it different but not better. some would love it but it would not be star trek anymore. like the others said, let eve be eve.
half the community went nuts because the task force was too hard, if it was as hard and as unforgiving as eve there would be open war on the forums

there are things that this game could learn from eve, and it certainly has an immersion value that few games can touch but to become like it would turn me away.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate
Then why the heck do you want it to be like EvE?

EvE is all about the killing.

Unless you'd like to be able to mine asteroids all day in STO.

that may be a good point but you know

at least i would have the choice which is something i dont really have at the momment

plus eve is so much more than mining and pvp/e

i like the fact in eve i can be self sufficent. build my own weapons/ammo,. ships but i can slo fly what ever i want to fly and can still do some good in it

but if i really decide i can be boring and just mine asteroids.. I CAN ...
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
i love startrek to bits, especialy voyager hense why i now fly an intepid class ship,

it all just seems a little disappointing and i think that there are a lot of other people who believe it could be better

i was looking at reviews and a lot of reviewers rated it quite low

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/startr...tml?qid=156041
Yeah, it could be better. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. However, copying another game that people left to come to this game isn't the answer.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
allow me to sum up my thoughts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

seriously, there are some aspects of eve that i like, certainly the size and scope and a certain feeling of freedom but if it ever became like eve in the way it is played then i would leave after a few weeks for certain.
the skill system is a nightmare and way too long and complex. i dont want to spend six months researching a galaxy class cruiser to then learn i need to spend another six months learning the skills for decent weapons.

i dont want to spend thirty minutes going from one system to another on the other side of the map

i dont want to lose my ship i spent so long getting because i made a mistake, or getting ganked by a fleet of players sitting at the very placed i warped into, and having to re-buy all of my weapons, then realising i did not clone my captain or insure my ship

i dont want to mine asteroids for hours going back and forth or shooting at targets that i cant even see as anything more than red dots

doing boring story missions, that jump from super easy to incredible hard in the blink of an eye.

having to prove myself to a guild leader because they are worried im going to infiltrate their guild and steal their money.

making it like eve would not improve it. it would make it different but not better. some would love it but it would not be star trek anymore. like the others said, let eve be eve.
half the community went nuts because the task force was too hard, if it was as hard and as unforgiving as eve there would be open war on the forums

there are things that this game could learn from eve, and it certainly has an immersion value that few games can touch but to become like it would turn me away.

yes but if you knew that might happen isnt that what makes the game... it adds fear, adrenalin rush, thats what life is all about

i know its a game but u cant just live in total comfort, where is the challege, DIE ,, RESPAWN, DIE RESPAWN,,, that is what i call BORING

i do agree that it sucks to lose ur ship u spent so much time working towards,

i would like that u have a galaxy class ship fitted with baisic weapons and you have to learn to use better ones, you have to gain presteige to be able to fit them i dunno, head back to a space dock, get fitted up

but u should be able to do this without gaining the experiance from killing as much as possible like wow..

maybe gain extra xp from competitions in the holo deck or something that adds more depth..

im kinda lost in what i wanna say i have an image of what i wish the game had, but finding it hard to put into words