Lt. Commander
# 31
03-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
correction: you don't want that.
I think it's safe to say that most of us don't really want that. I might not feel super special flying my Galaxy class around the universe, but I'd prefer that to having to spend months and months and months moving up to a class of ship only to spend months more getting to my galaxy, and then never flying it around until I have enough money to replace it when it gets blown up.

Not to mention that it's very un-starfleet to ask a captain to pay for his own ship and insure it and then tell him "well it's your ship, do what you wish with it!"
Lt. Commander
# 32
Quote:
not only one =/= everyone else
Use search function you will get your answer.
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
With this post, you've moved beyond wanting to improve STO, to actively be looking for an EvE clone. I didn't want to say it before, but I'll say it now - if that's what you want, go back to EvE. The rest of us don't want that.

how am i... if i wanted to i would play eve,, i have 2 account and have been playing 2 years

i chose to play and pay for this game because i wanted to play a startrek game and command an intrepid class starship.

its nothing to do with wanting an eve clone ... this game just needs to have more of the sort ofqualities that eve posseses. not make it just like eve, just some of the good parts,. THE DIVERSITY MOSTLY
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
how am i... if i wanted to i would play eve,, i have 2 account and have been playing 2 years

i chose to play and pay for this game because i wanted to play a startrek game and command an intrepid class starship.

its nothing to do with wanting an eve clone ... this game just needs to have more of the sort ofqualities that eve posseses. not make it just like eve, just some of the good parts,. THE DIVERSITY MOSTLY
The problem is that people don't want what you consider "the good parts." Again, PEOPLE LEFT EVE TO COME HERE, because STO isn't like EvE.

STO will have stuff added and changed, like every other MMO. However, I say that, instead of just CCing whatever some people want from other games, we see what STO does on it's own, and change what we don't like about that. Let's help make STO it's own unique game, not just take stuff from other games and tack it on.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
The problem is that people don't want what you consider "the good parts." Again, PEOPLE LEFT EVE TO COME HERE, because STO isn't like EvE.

STO will have stuff added and changed, like every other MMO. However, I say that, instead of just CCing whatever some people want from other games, we see what STO does on it's own, and change what we don't like about that. Let's help make STO it's own unique game, not just take stuff from other games and tack it on.
Why re-invent the wheel? There have beend years of stuff tried by fames like EvE and WoW. Why not take the good stuff and give STO a leg up?

And STO isn't going to come up with a whole lot on its own at this rate. It's got like a year's worth of development to just impliment stuff promised by the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Honestly this game could be a WoW clone in space and be far more successful than it is now.
So true, i fail to see how people think its like wow in any way. I tend to believe they just see MMO standards as 'WoW' things.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
want to improve startrek online... make it more like eve online and less like world of ********

eve online u can play for 6 years and still not finish learning. the best mmo in the world to me

this is baisicaly in game footage of a 0.0 sovereignty battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDVEHE10nHc

Not going to happen ever as Eve is a horrible game. 6 years of NOT playing, logged out to level up skills. Can't believe people still fall for that scam. Hell, half the subscribers to that game are ISK spammers.

Eve should be more like STO where you can actually leave your ship and walk around some places.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
the game at its current stage is .... KILL = xp ... KILL = xp complete mission of killing = xp

... explore here... find a system, kill = xp kill = xp

... hmmm this is exactly like last mission.. different scenery

why cant u get xp from trading - i want a new ship should be able to make some money from trading and get a new one, or manafacturing,

or at least gain some experience from something other than murdering klingons
It's not murdering when they shoot at you first....
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
EvE Is BORING! I never enjoyed playing EvE.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Why re-invent the wheel? There have beend years of stuff tried by fames like EvE and WoW. Why not take the good stuff and give STO a leg up?

And STO isn't going to come up with a whole lot on its own at this rate. It's got like a year's worth of development to just impliment stuff promised by the devs.
Eve has to catch up to STO first. When you can walk around outsied of your ship in Eve that will be a start. When Eve has even remotely close to the missions that STO has it will be a start. When Eve isn't so damn boring as hell then you can start to talk about adding features to it from STO.

If you want to play Eve then go play Eve, because STO will never be like that game.