# 41
03-06-2010, 03:19 PM
i do love the music in eve, i seam to remember it being very nice
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
Why re-invent the wheel? There have beend years of stuff tried by fames like EvE and WoW. Why not take the good stuff and give STO a leg up?

And STO isn't going to come up with a whole lot on its own at this rate. It's got like a year's worth of development to just impliment stuff promised by the devs.
I'm not saying STO should re-invent the wheel, however, since nobody can agree on what to take from other games, let's stop just saying "the good parts." Nobody agrees on what those are.

I'm just saying that we can ask for stuff, and let's see what they bring at us. Asking for a carbon copy of another game is never the answer for an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
Eve has to catch up to STO first. When you can walk around outsied of your ship in Eve that will be a start. When Eve has even remotely close to the missions that STO has it will be a start. When Eve isn't so damn boring as hell then you can start to talk about adding features to it from STO.

If you want to play Eve then go play Eve, because STO will never be like that game.
Way to completely miss the point of my post.

How about the exchange interface from EvE? STO could use that. What about the social interface ystem in WoW? STO could use that.

Use what works. Ignore what doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I'm not saying STO should re-invent the wheel, however, since nobody can agree on what to take from other games, let's stop just saying "the good parts." Nobody agrees on what those are.

I'm just saying that we can ask for stuff, and let's see what they bring at us. Asking for a carbon copy of another game is never the answer for an MMO.
I know this is a pretty bland post, but are you unable to only address the comments you are responding to? Just about every response to my posts you assign a position to me I never made. Quite irritating actually.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-06-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry I can't get behind a OP who bases his opinion on Star Trek on Voyager. The only Star Trek worse than Voyager is Enterprise. I will at least watch Voyager. Add the fact the OP wants STO to be more like EVE just makes it worse.

Sorry, no I don't want this to like EVE.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
. build my own weapons/ammo,. ships but i can slo fly what ever i want to fly and can still do some good in it

but if i really decide i can be boring and just mine asteroids.. I CAN ...
Building your own ammo in EVE is about as useful as crafting in Memory Alpha. Sure you COULD do it but your time would be better served elsewhere.

Oh... and hop into a ship and fly whereever you want and see how friendly gate camping pirates are to you.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
want to improve startrek online... make it more like eve online and less like world of ********

eve online u can play for 6 years and still not finish learning. the best mmo in the world to me

this is baisicaly in game footage of a 0.0 sovereignty battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDVEHE10nHc

LOL -

1. Lag lag and more lag
2. CHEATING Developers
3. HORRIBLY MEAN community
4. After 4 years in EvE I learned why its NOT a good game. EvE is for the cheaters in iceland only IMHO. Just like the icelanders now want to shaft the EU out of 5+ Billion in money.
5. did i mention LAG and horrible cap battle fest - LOL
6. Fly for days doing very very mundane boring things to get amaybe 10 minutes of pew pew in...

go play eve and leave this game alone....i spent 3 years in sov battles in 0.0 space .... blah and more blah
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-06-2010, 03:27 PM
ultimately its the devs call, im sure some of them have played eve and if there are things they like they will try to to add them into the game without changing its nature.

to be honest sto is never going to be like eve anyway so its a bit pointless but if they can use the inspiration of other good mmos to improve certain areas of the game, crafting, non combat missions then all the better, but ultimately they are the ones making the game and we can point out as many things as we like they are the ones that implement it and its their own thoughts that will shape the game

i think any time you give the players more freedom, its a good thing, and for all its faults eve does give that sense of freedom and diversity.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I have to say....no. Never in a million years should STO every become anything like EVE in its mechanics or gameplay. I hated that game with a passion. It was long winded. It took years of work to get anywhere interesting. And on top of that...there is no end game...yuo can never catch up to those that started before you did...they will always be better than you. Its unforgiving in the extreme.

I would love to se a STO Galaxy map the size of EVEs, though withougt that massive travel times. I would love player controlled systems in war sectors and player controled stations for building special player ships. But do I want it to become more like EVE. No...never. I would quit.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
Not going to happen ever as Eve is a horrible game. 6 years of NOT playing, logged out to level up skills. Can't believe people still fall for that scam. Hell, half the subscribers to that game are ISK spammers.

Eve should be more like STO where you can actually leave your ship and walk around some places.
i Believe Eve is Moving to STO Planetary Wanderings....and Space-Station Interaction Also......But Do Agree Eve Is Very Nerdy At Times...And STO Doesnt Need to Be so Involved(as Was Quoted earlier)...Tho As A comparison At This Stage....I Feel Sto Has Made a Cracking Start!!!
So Not an Eve Clone......Certainly Not The Intensive Academics....But Can We Have An Alternative To Combat??.......or An Intermix Of Startrek Armada,Lagacy Command etc...Aspects.....Add Some Flavoring....i Like This Game ,Despite its Gamespot score of 5.5 / 10.....be nice To Have Some Different Challenges