Lt. Commander
I think Nadion Inversion (reduces energy costs from beams by the half) should work together with Beam Overload.

atm using Beam Overload makes not much sense because weapon power is empty after using Overload and this one strong shot makes not much difference, only suited to bring down a shield faster but there are better skills to do that. The disadvantage of Beam Overload is too much, I think it's the reason why barely someone using it.

But if Nadion Inversion would work together with Beam Overload so that weapon power is only reduced by the half then Beam Overload would be more attractive.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 09:18 AM
/Signed for Justice
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree.

10chars
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I agree that it should probably work for beam overload but I disagree on the value you place on the skill. It does drain weapon energy but with decent EPS Consoles or some abilities it returns rather quickly. It does take your beam weapons offline but some of us have cannons as well. The damage from this skill can drop a shield completely and even do reasonable hull damage.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 03:53 AM
I agree that Beam Overload (BOV) should work along with Nadion Inversion.However , this skill has a specific use which is not to be used frequently or whenever its CD is over.

I find this skill very usefull in PVP and use it only on an enemy Klingon player when his hull is almost zero and he is starting to run away with speed abilities because he wants to heal\repair.With 1 BOV strike he is destroyed before he can fly beyond the 10km range.

I can only have 2 tactical BO skills as i fly a StarCruiser but really besides torpedo HY 2 i cant find any other tactical BO usefull skill except BOV 1. Tactical team is ok too but using Eng. and Sc. Teams are already stressing the CD timers.Besides after just a few seconds weapon power is full again.EPS Console is necessary for this skill.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 12:57 PM
BO III is very powerful I've one shot people with that and a HYT I. BO is actually more useful once the shields are already down.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sresk View Post
BO III is very powerful I've one shot people with that and a HYT I. BO is actually more useful once the shields are already down.
Two abilities is not a one shot my friend...its two abilities. Properly state Quickly killed.

One Shot is BO III BOOM. No other interaction required.

Thanks,

People for the ethical use of language.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Good idea, would give a reason to use Nadion Inversion. Its pretty useless atm.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
As an aside, when my eyes breezed over this power, my brain first translated it as "Nader Inversion".

I was thinking, "What the heck does Ralph Nader have to do with Star Trek?"