Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2010, 05:05 PM
I just played a few pvp to get to com 5 and then I got a few new missions like ghost ship, which I'd already done 2x on a team. My god, ground pvp is awful.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
ugh. ugh. ugh.
I never ran out, actually. What I did was run all sector patrols, all storylines and enough explores for badges. Leveled very regularly and never had to "grind" to level. I think, though, that if you leave out sector patrols, without replacing them with the deep space encounters or defend the sector stuff, you'll have a harder time leveling. Unless you chain PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
I never ran out, actually. What I did was run all sector patrols, all storylines and enough explores for badges. Leveled very regularly and never had to "grind" to level. I think, though, that if you leave out sector patrols, without replacing them with the deep space encounters or defend the sector stuff, you'll have a harder time leveling. Unless you chain PvP.
I did every mission they gave me once. The only time i had to grind was near captain 8 or 9 for a couple missions. If u do everything just once, you should have the same results.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I must have more screws loose than my wife tells me about, because I enjoy the patrols and clusters. I agree the CE thing needs a good going over. You can get carpel tunnel trying to kill that thing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithToker
The point which you can get some missions is based on level. If you level up to Com 5, you will prolly get the breadcrumb quest for the Romulan sectors. This gets worse at high levels by the way, eventually you will run out of both episodes and patrols and will have to grind a few exploration or pvp matches, welcome to STO.
I actually have a few storylines left at RA5 that I'm trying not to do because of the cap... its tempting though >.< Guess I could always just do a few extra clusters to make up for them.

I also enjoy the patrols and the clusters though.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharkk View Post
I actually have a few storylines left at RA5 that I'm trying not to do because of the cap... its tempting though >.< Guess I could always just do a few extra clusters to make up for them.

I also enjoy the patrols and the clusters though.
I too saved some missions so i could have a lil more entertainment. Theres so little to do after theyre gone, i spend my game time on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2010, 05:42 PM
When I was Commander 9 I was left with 1 mission to go to the Cardassian Sector so away I went. Once you get there and go to Deep Space 9 you will get a new set of missions. But if you are left with patrols then that would explain your problem. Granted the patrols can be repetitive killing but once they're done they're done. It would be good to add more non killing ones or at least something different from kill 6 squadrons everytime. However, at present those are the options at present plus the pvp options already suggested.

I am at Captain 5 now almost Captain 6 and I still have Captain 3 area missions to complete. Granted I did about 12 explorer missions over 3 days to get my badges for my new captain ships gear