Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I just spent an hour in the Crystaline Entity encounter and we kept being blocked by jason@nurse1. He kept intentially killing the fragments.

If he was a real SF Captain he'd be dishonorably discharged for endangering the lives of Federation Citizens. As such I feel that if it's found you are intentionally destroying fragments despite being warned, then a GM should review the evidence (server logs) and Court Martial you. Then, if found guilty, you get busted down to Ensign or your character is retired permanently.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelnes
I just spent an hour in the Crystaline Entity encounter and we kept being blocked by jason@nurse1. He kept intentially killing the fragments.

If he was a real SF Captain he'd be dishonorably discharged for endangering the lives of Federation Citizens. As such I feel that if it's found you are intentionally destroying fragments despite being warned, then a GM should review the evidence (server logs) and Court Martial you. Then, if found guilty, you get busted down to Ensign or your character is retired permanently.

Thoughts?
This was discussed in another thread earlier today. Hopefully the developers make some changes to eliminate the grievers. I suspect the current grievers are the ones who hate the game, and will not be around once their 30 trial is over.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I looked for another thread first, sorry. This guy was a Commander, so doubt he was on a trial.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelnes
I looked for another thread first, sorry. This guy was a Commander, so doubt he was on a trial.
I made captain before my 10 day buddy pass expired....playing about 3 hrs a night (a couple nights a lil more). And yes, i did every mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelnes
I looked for another thread first, sorry. This guy was a Commander, so doubt he was on a trial.
No prob. Here is the link to the thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=129800

This was a good overall thread about the CE mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-05-2010, 02:09 PM
calling ppl out is bad
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelnes
I just spent an hour in the Crystaline Entity encounter and we kept being blocked by jason@nurse1. He kept intentially killing the fragments.

If he was a real SF Captain he'd be dishonorably discharged for endangering the lives of Federation Citizens. As such I feel that if it's found you are intentionally destroying fragments despite being warned, then a GM should review the evidence (server logs) and Court Martial you. Then, if found guilty, you get busted down to Ensign or your character is retired permanently.

Thoughts?
Well, it is not as if Cryptic engineered this game to foster the values of Star Fleet, etc.

It was engineered as a 'casual MMO' as Cryptic have said. This means it attracts a certain type of player. So better get used to it because every opportunity they get, a small percentage will do this.

MMOs can have mature customers and for example 'Wurm Online' does. Just that Cryptic went the other way to catch a younger group, hoped bigger populations and finally more dollars.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugHug View Post
Well, it is not as if Cryptic engineered this game to foster the values of Star Fleet, etc.

It was engineered as a 'casual MMO' as Cryptic have said. This means it attracts a certain type of player. So better get used to it because every opportunity they get, a small percentage will do this.

MMOs can have mature customers and for example 'Wurm Online' does. Just that Cryptic went the other way to catch a younger group, hoped bigger populations and finally more dollars.
Thank you, I needed a good laugh. You're honestly trying to suggest that the values of Star Fleet would be present had Cryptic designed the game another way? You can't be serious - either that or you really do need to stop obsessing. A quick look outside your door should adequately demonstrate that the current values of the human race at large include those who will grief to irritate because they get a rise out of it. I can't think of a single game that doesn't have griefers of some form, of any form or design. LOTRO, EVE, WoW, GuildWars, WAR, that's just five specifically in the MMO genre right there that have them. People were griefing back in text-based MUDs when most people had never heard of the Internet, for heaven's sake.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
If I may ask... why do you say he was intentionally "griefing"....? The shards are targetable, do damage, and are all over the place... It's easy for a new or unfamiliar player to believe you're *supposed* to be targeting them...

How do you know the person simply didn't know how to do the mission, technique-wise?

I'd hate to think it was because he wasn't following orders... Because I'm pretty sure that no one has any position in the game to *give* orders...

I assume he did something more obvious than shoot bad stuff?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Why didn't you guys change instances?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.