Lt. Commander
I have completed this mission three times. On the third completion, I used Fraps to record the final boss encounter.

I ran out of disk space while recording the file, which resulted in my ventrilo going dead, so you don't get to hear my team directions. You can however still hear my team mates when they speak. We had 3 fleet members, and two pick ups. One of the two pick ups had never done the mission before.

For your educational and viewing pleasure, here is the destruction of Rebecca Simmons (the final boss) in 10 minutes:

High Res Download with Sound and Ventrilo (not me, see above)
http://www.fileplanet.com/210385/210...Infected-Movie

Crappy YouTube with no sound (they disabled it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lxNu42hdO0

Questions about anything you see are welcome. I will record a new video when they patch in the "fixes" for the virus upload.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Is there any reason why this isn't on youtube for quick and easy viewing?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Is there any reason why this isn't on youtube for quick and easy viewing?
Link added to original post.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 12:46 AM
I added a bunch of annotations to the YouTube video, to spotlight some things that are happening. Rest your cursor over the boxes when you see them.

They muted the video due to the soundtrack. The File Planet download has everything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Just a suggestion...use the demorecording ability to record your battle. Then people can not only view exactly what happened, from any angle, but also pause action, etc.

Here's how:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...79#post2317279
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 01:29 AM
A couple fleet mates and I ran through that part of infected in under 6 minutes. It was quite epic.

Nice video; however I think your order is a bit off. Personally, I direct my team to start with the bottom right corner, leaving two members in the center for support fire. This reduces the chances of someone falling into the plasma; this also makes it easier for me to keep the borg occupied while the team shuts down the generators.

I shut down the generators in the following order:
  1. Bottom Right
  2. Top Right
  3. Top Left
  4. Bottom Left

When I go off to the bottom left, I tell all five of my members to follow. We clear the baddies, and do the sequencers. Then, you tell everyone to hug the back corner, blast the generator and then get the queen to come out. The Queen has a targeting issue and can't get her AOE off on you if you are in the corner. So, we blast her to bits, literally no damage done to us and we have a nice day.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threather
A couple fleet mates and I ran through that part of infected in under 6 minutes. It was quite epic.

Nice video; however I think your order is a bit off. Personally, I direct my team to start with the bottom right corner, leaving two members in the center for support fire. This reduces the chances of someone falling into the plasma; this also makes it easier for me to keep the borg occupied while the team shuts down the generators.

I shut down the generators in the following order:
  1. Bottom Right
  2. Top Right
  3. Top Left
  4. Bottom Left

When I go off to the bottom left, I tell all five of my members to follow. We clear the baddies, and do the sequencers. Then, you tell everyone to hug the back corner, blast the generator and then get the queen to come out. The Queen has a targeting issue and can't get her AOE off on you if you are in the corner. So, we blast her to bits, literally no damage done to us and we have a nice day.
There is no "Queen" in this episode. The Borg Queen is 4 episodes away.

If you fight in the top right corner, there is a ramp up in case someone get's knocked back. In the corner you choose, there isn't.

Leaving people in the center increases risk of death, since any drone that spawns can hit you in the center.

We don't exploit the targeting issue. You can see we get hit with the AoE at the very beginning of the fight, and work through it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strombonni
Just a suggestion...use the demorecording ability to record your battle. Then people can not only view exactly what happened, from any angle, but also pause action, etc.

Here's how:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...79#post2317279
I'll check that out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Good job. If anything it shows that team work (and that BOs would be just useless in this battle) is the way to go and there are multiple ways to win. We had 1 Tactical, 3 Engineers and one Science. Setting up two players to tank so the other three can shut down shields. Having two kits so you can switch your role was very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Looks damn easy ^^

Though, I don't understand why those drones don't insta-respawn when you kill them? That's what they normally do when we clear the encounter. Did we miss anything?