Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4triX
Looks damn easy ^^

Though, I don't understand why those drones don't insta-respawn when you kill them? That's what they normally do when we clear the encounter. Did we miss anything?
They edited the video. They just didn't show that because once you kill the Queen the mission is over. You can just leave or stay and kill off the rest of the drones and enjoy the room and take your pictures.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4triX
Looks damn easy ^^

Though, I don't understand why those drones don't insta-respawn when you kill them? That's what they normally do when we clear the encounter. Did we miss anything?
Everything spawns twice. As soon as you kill one, it will immediately respawn, and then it's on the respawn timer.

As long as you are moving at the pace we were, you won't get caught up in the respawns. You may have to clear the center once or twice. If you do this from the corners, it's much safer.

The tactic of leaving people in the center is much more risky. If you run into complications and get caught up in the re-pops, having people in the center means they can get hit from everything in the room. Not smart.

When you get to your last corner, if you feel that you wasted too much time, wait for the re-pops and then clear the center and closest side, and your corner. This will give you the best chance at no adds during the encounter with Rebecca.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
They edited the video. They just didn't show that because once you kill the Queen the mission is over. You can just leave or stay and kill off the rest of the drones and enjoy the room and take your pictures.
There is no Queen in this episode.

As stated, once Rebecca is dead, the drones no longer respawn.

Nothing was "edited" out, it's one continuous recording. I simply ended the video after her death, because there was nothing else to see. We just hopped around and cleared the remaining drones. When I record the next one involving the virus upload fix, I'll keep it going right to the loot.

I did take a nice screenshot of the loot, but I forgot to use the UI option so you couldn't see it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGladiator
There is no Queen in this episode.

As stated, once Rebecca is dead, the drones no longer respawn.

Nothing was "edited" out, it's one continuous recording. I simply ended the video after her death, because there was nothing else to see. We just hopped around and cleared the remaining drones. When I record the next one involving the virus upload fix, I'll keep it going right to the loot.

I did take a nice screenshot of the loot, but I forgot to use the UI option so you couldn't see it.
I did not mean to imply any falsehood. I know that you stop shooting and did show the other drones because the mission was over. Killing the remanding drones is just not part of the mission and I agree with your decision that it was not worth filming. But you did add your victory dance to the end so that is editing. But in a good way.

I see Rebecca as the Queen. I am not saying that I am right or wrong here, it just the way I personally see her.

Regardless we all beat this mission and all should feel proud of that. No disrespect was meant.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2010, 09:26 AM
It's all good in the hood brutha. It took me a long time to put together, so I appreciate you taking 1 minute to say "good job". Congratulations to you and everyone that enjoyed the episode. I'm really looking forward to the next 4 coming. The release calendar shows we won't have long to wait!

It's just tiresome that everyone calls her "the queen", because that is a real opponent in a future STF that will be the once a week raid boss. Gozer himself has posted on the forums repeatedly that this is not the Queen (and it's driving him nuts). Hind sight is 20/20, they should have made this boss male.

The video is here to help people with the encounter who are struggling, so we support more content like this.

And yes, I edited IN the dancing (nothing was edited OUT).
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGladiator
Everything spawns twice. As soon as you kill one, it will immediately respawn, and then it's on the respawn timer.

As long as you are moving at the pace we were, you won't get caught up in the respawns. You may have to clear the center once or twice. If you do this from the corners, it's much safer.

The tactic of leaving people in the center is much more risky. If you run into complications and get caught up in the re-pops, having people in the center means they can get hit from everything in the room. Not smart.

When you get to your last corner, if you feel that you wasted too much time, wait for the re-pops and then clear the center and closest side, and your corner. This will give you the best chance at no adds during the encounter with Rebecca.

Oh that's good news. Those mobs gave me a hard time healing myself while tanking them all. This will make it a lot easier.
Lt. Commander
# 17 The Virus??
03-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Have tried this a few times now and never have any problem getting Simmons out but havent managed to kill her yet. dont think our pace is quite quick enough and we often get plagued by respawning borg. also sometimes she just seems to take us down too quickly, will have to work on drawering her attention to a "tank".

But there is one thing that is REALLY REALLY REALLY bugging me.
What is UPLOADING THE VIRUS all about? I know it sets a timer for the sheilds on the maintenance consols to come back up but what does it do??? I have heard it stops the borg respawning but seen evidence to contradict that.

So please please if you know for certain what it does tell me so i can sleep at night.

thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1ke View Post
Have tried this a few times now and never have any problem getting Simmons out but havent managed to kill her yet. dont think our pace is quite quick enough and we often get plagued by respawning borg. also sometimes she just seems to take us down too quickly, will have to work on drawering her attention to a "tank".

But there is one thing that is REALLY REALLY REALLY bugging me.
What is UPLOADING THE VIRUS all about? I know it sets i timer for the sheilds on the maintenance consols to come back up but what does it do??? I have heard it stops the borg respawning but seen evidence to contradict that.

So please please if you know for certain what it does tell me so i can sleep at night.

thank you.
The virus upload is broken in our current Live build. As you can see in the video, you don't (currently) need to do anything with the virus.

Gozer has said it's fixed, and in the next patch to the Holodeck, we will have to do "something" with uploading the virus. We won't know until we test it on Tribble, or the patch is Live.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Cheers
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. everything makes far more sense now.
Just hope we will not need to simultaniously upload it to all the maintanence terminals........ sooo many more oportunities to fall in the drink.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1ke View Post
also sometimes she just seems to take us down too quickly, will have to work on drawering her attention to a "tank".
Melee that biznass. Rifle butt is fine.