Lt. Commander
# 1 Well done Cryptic
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
This message is aimed at Cryptic and the developers of STO, although my fellow forum members are of course welcome to read and comment.

First let me give you some background. I'm a 38 year old male, I've worked in IT for over 20 years and I've played computer games since I got my first home computer... way back in 1983.

I'm fan of Star Trek, from watching the TOS reruns as a kid through TNG and Voyager, the movies of course and Enterprise.I skipped DS9 though, never could get into it.

I've played several MMOs beginning with Ultima online, WoW then Tabula Rasa (RIP).

All this is the pefect recipe for a player in STO.

To be honest, I didn't even know this game was coming out until I got the closed beta invite from File Planet. I've been playing it since January.

I've got a wife and two young children. I simply do not have the time to level grind. So I am quite happy with the speed of level progression I've made. Last Friday I made Rear Admiral and on Sunday I hit RA 5. I've hit skill cap.

The thing about MMOs that keeps people coming back is to see what's next. What extra skill or power will you get? What new gear/equipment do you get? How much more loot will you be able to get? Last night I realized I'd maxed out my character. There is no 'next', at least for now.

The thing is, I am not disappointed. I'm not annoyed with Cryptic. I'm happy I'm able to keep up with everyone else in the game without being threatened with divorce from an MMO widow.

I read the recent state of the game release and found it exciting. I want this game to maintain momentum and grow. I hope the development team don't let all the Cryptic bashing that I've read dull their enthusiasm and energy.

That's all
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Excellent post!

I feel the same way and have a similar home life. I don't want my life to be a MMO I just want to enjoy one.

thanks for the uplifting feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Obvious fanboi is obvious.

With postings like this one you are only encouraging the deployment of low quality, incomplete games.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barclay99x View Post
This message is aimed at Cryptic and the developers of STO, although my fellow forum members are of course welcome to read and comment.

First let me give you some background. I'm a 38 year old male, I've worked in IT for over 20 years and I've played computer games since I got my first home computer... way back in 1983.

I'm fan of Star Trek, from watching the TOS reruns as a kid through TNG and Voyager, the movies of course and Enterprise.I skipped DS9 though, never could get into it.

I've played several MMOs beginning with Ultima online, WoW then Tabula Rasa (RIP).

To be honest, I didn't even know this game was coming out until I got the closed beta invite from File Planet. I've been playing it since January.

I've got a wife and two young children. I simply do not have the time to level grind. So I am quite happy with the speed of level progression I've made. Last Friday I made Rear Admiral and on Sunday I hit RA 5. I've hit skill cap.

The thing about MMOs that keeps people coming back is to see what's next. What extra skill or power will you get? What new gear/equipment do you get? How much more loot will you be able to get? Last night I realized I'd maxed out my character. There is no 'next', at least for now.

The thing is, I am not disappointed. I'm not annoyed with Cryptic. I'm happy I'm able to keep up with everyone else in the game without being threatened with divorce from an MMO widow.

I read the recent state of the game release and found it exciting. I want this game to maintain momentum and grow. I hope the development team don't let all the Cryptic bashing that I've read dull their enthusiasm and energy.

That's all
Sounds like you "get it".
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver View Post

With postings like this one you are only encouraging the deployment of low quality, incomplete games.
Quoted for truthiness
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:

That's all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutis78 View Post
Excellent post!

I feel the same way and have a similar home life. I don't want my life to be a MMO I just want to enjoy one.

thanks for the uplifting feedback.
Ditto every single bit of what is quoted above..with the exception of being RA5...i'm not yet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver View Post
Obvious fanboi is obvious.

I wish I had such influence. I'm sure my words will not sway the development of any future games one way or another. Hell, I can't even get my kids to pick up after themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
I wish I had such influence. I'm sure my words will not sway the development of any future games one way or another. Hell, I can't even get my kids to pick up after themselves.
Why do you vote? Why do you think? Why do you talk to people about political topics?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
“You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That’s the mark of a true professional. Professionalism has nothing to do with getting paid for your services.”
well, quite.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Ignore him. He can't understand nor stand the fact that there are actually people that like this game. He expects everyone to think the same thing he does.