Lt. Commander
# 1 Crafting / Ship Interior
03-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Hello Devs and Fellow STO players
I am an avid MMO player and Star Trek fan. I have also tested and played multiple games. I have tons of ideas and actually had to start writing them down. I have attached a microsoft word 2007 document that had to be zipped.
Please read and post replys. I would much appreciate the feedback. I think they would be major game improvements.

Most goes over ideas to the interior to ships. Also are ideas for crafting skills. Anyone remember the everquest AAs? Also is something similar to those and more customization ideas for Crytic. If you like them please post more replys to Crytic.

Thanks
Lorre
Lt. Commander
Ideas for Crafting/Ship Interiors
Crafting Overview (Professions)
There is no traditional or what I would even consider radical idea of Crafting currently in STO. This is a very integral part of any MMO in my personal opinion. The following article is a brief overview of crafting ideas put forth to me by multiple different sources. These are ideas, so whether or not Cryptic decides to use them is solely up to them.
1. Of course every person would have a Profession. This would be determined as Engineering, Science, or Tactical. As you progress with your profession, you could either stay broad or specialize in a particular section. This could be “chosen” by the player or based on the player “class”.
2. Additionally, with the idea of the “First Officer”, you could have a Secondary Profession. This would work in much the same way as the primary, chosen or by class. Though much like the bridge officers and such, the secondary profession should not be able to be as great as the primary.
3. Plus, everyone wants to be able to create something of everything. Since every ship has the ship rooms, you are able to create items from all three branches. However, you are only able to create minor items from each branch.
Main Engineering (Engineer Profession)
Every ship should be equipped with Main Engineering. Such things to be included:
The primary purpose of Main Engineering would be to upgrade your ship. There is one engineering station within Main Engineering dedicated to research. One research item may be to increase the hull rating of your ship. This would not be received as an item. It would be implemented and viewed on your Ship Status Page as having a higher hull rating. There are multiple ways to accomplish this.
1. Based on level – gain points to put towards research.
2. Real Time – It takes a set amount of “real time” to complete research.
3. Money/Badges – spend money/badges to invent improvements.
The secondary purpose of Main Engineering would be the area of your ship for you to craft Engineering items. There should be stations in Main Engineering to create: Engineering Consoles, Engineering Kits, Armor, and Engines for later use or profit. Such devices would take time to create. This would be your Engineering Crafting Skill. The more you craft the better items you would be able to make. Some items to be created are:
Resistance Consoles – Phaser, Disrupter, etc.
Power Consoles – Engines, Auxiliary, etc.
Repair Consoles – Shield Regeneration, Hull Repair, etc.
Engine Consoles – Power Transfer, Turn Radius, etc.

Fabrication Kits

Resistance Armor – Kinetic Damage, Phasers, etc.
Improvement Armor – Melee Strength, Critical Severity, etc.

Combat Engines
Impulse Engines
Hyper-Impulse Engines

Research Lab and Medical Bay (Science Profession)
Every ship should be equipped with a Research Lab and Medical Bay. Such things to be included:
The primary purpose of the Research Lab and Medical Bay would be to upgrade your ship. There is one science station within the Research Lab and Medical Bay dedicated to research. One research item may be to increase your crew regeneration. This would not be received as an item. It would be implemented and viewed on your Ship Status Page as having a higher crew regeneration. There are multiple ways to accomplish this.
There should be stations in the Research Lab and Medical Bay to create: Science Consoles, Science Kits, Deflector Dishes, and Shields for later use or profit. Such devices would take time to create. This would be your Science Crafting Skill. The more you craft the better items you would be able to make.

Crew Consoles – Able Crew, Crew Regeneration, etc.
Operations Consoles – Hazard Emitters, Sensor Probes, etc.

Healing Kits
CC Kits

Tachyon Dishes
Deflector Dishes
Positron Dishes
Graviton Dishes

Regenerative Shields
Covariant Shields
Resilient Shields
Shield Array

War Room (Tactical Profession)
Every ship should be equipped with a War Room. Such things to be included:
The primary purpose of the War Room would be to upgrade your ship. There is one tactical station within the War Room dedicated to research. One research item may be to increase the accuracy of your ship. This would not be received as an item. It would be implemented and viewed on your Ship Status Page as having a higher hit rating. There are multiple ways to accomplish this.
Every ship should be equipped with a War Room. Such things to be included:
There should be stations in the War Room to create: Tactical Consoles, Tactical Kits, and Weapons for later use or profit. Such devices would take time to create. This would be your Tactical Crafting Skill. The more you craft the better items you would be able to make.

Energy Consoles – Phaser, Polaron, etc.
Torpedo Consoles – Photon, Quantum, etc.
Mine Consoles – Photon, Chroniton, etc.
Cannon Consoles – Phaser, Plasma, etc.

Melee Kits
Energy Kits

Beam Weapons
Torpedo Weapons
Mine Weapons
Cannon Weapons
Bank Weapons
Turret Weapons
Melee Weapons
Beam-Ground Weapons

Ready Room (Captain’s Office)
Every ship should be equipped with a Ready Room. Such things to be included:
The primary purpose of the Ready Room is to display all of the accomplishments of your Captain. All badges, accomplishments, and awards are displayed here.
Other additional purposes of the Ready Room would be to hire Bridge Officers, and there would be a place to contact Starfleet.
Quarters (Captain’s and Bridge Officers’)
Every ship should be equipped with Quarters. Such things to be included:
The primary purpose of the Quarters is to display all of your BO’s accomplishments.
Other additional purposes are just another place to explore on your ship.
Briefing Room (Optional)
Such things to be included:
The primary purpose of the Briefing Room is to train and promote your Bridge Officers. You should not be able to train or promote anywhere. This should be the designated spot in which to do this task.
Other additional purposes are just another place to explore on your ship.
Miscellaneous Rooms
There are some other unique areas of a ship that are not standard in every ship. These are optional and could be earned, purchased, and unique to certain class ships. They could have many different features and serve some different functions as well. They include:
Cargo Bays
Shuttle Bays
Holodecks
Mess Hall
Transporter Room
Hydroponics Bay
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
holy crap

more letters and such
Lt. Commander
# 4 Bridges & Ships
03-19-2010, 10:20 PM
# 1 – Loving the magnitude a’la the REAL Batllestar Galacatica (Lorne Green of course) that you give your bridges! You should do one based on the TV series matching both its colors and layout.

# 2 – Likewise we need a huge “spotlit” bridge matching the lines, designs, consoles, chairs, displays etc. of Andrew Probert’s and Mike Minor’s Wrath of Khan Bridge.

# 3 – If you’re going to any trouble to make the “Hideous Duckling” (the dash D) accurate, then you need to step back and make the Constitution Class accurate (TV), the Avenger Class (Reliant) accurate and the Constitution realized to perfection in its film refit accurate.

# 4 - Primary hulls have two rows of windows. The Refit Constitution’s deflector dish should glow just as brightly as the Tier 4 and 5 ships. It’s not a rectangle, etc., etc., etc.!

# 5 - And give us the option for standard Wrath of Khan hull colors, patterns and self illuminated pylons, nacelle and hull labels- all as seen on the ships in the film.

# 6 - And I’ve yet to see that wonderful Wrath of Khan Starship Starfleet Pennant where it belongs on any starship.

# 7 – Go back, look at the millions of identical blueprints for these ships and get it right - and to scale. Stop trying to diss REAL Star trek by making the finest ships ever shown look like pip squeaks.

# 8 – Let the Grissom type ship from Search for Spock be an Ensign’s Tier 1 ship – that thing was pathetic. You could use the Excelsior (what was actually meant as the one shot joke The Spruce Goose of Star Trek) for target practice. Whatever.

# 9 – The perfect Tier 6 ship (when you get there) would be the Dreadnaught we never got to see in the films. It’s a three engine, Warp 18, 215% larger than Constitution Class breath-taker. It has all the Andy Probert lines and could easily be scaled up to larger than a Tier 4 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry to brake it to you, Admiral_Kev, but if STO adds any more ships, the only other ones from the TMP era they're likely to add would be the Excelsior class and the Oberth class would be a long shot. But since those were both still in service during the TNG-VOY years, they have a slim chance of being added eventually.

Anything else likely doesn't have a prayer because of the timeline of the game unless they start selling custom order ships in the c-store or something...
Lt. Commander
# 6 Just hoping Falcon.
03-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Except for this game, Star Trek died a long long time ago for us fans of the real thing before it was replaced by all the pajama parties.

Just hoping they'll create some more for us so we can play too. Continuity died with TNG and, after all, it is just a game, so hopefully they will make it appealing to those who were disenfranchised when Star Trek was blatently replaced by the nightmares NBC refused to let Rottenberry get away with in the first place.

Happy trails.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Lovin your ideas, Lorree!
03-21-2010, 06:30 PM
This is my first online game and what you propose sounds great.

Hoping they'll lean toward more of a Knights of The Old Republic approach eventually too (choices that change the gameplay, destiny, outcome, etc.).

Happy trails.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe you should start a petition for an ENT-TOS era expansion pack to see if there's enough support for what you wanna see? If there's enough demand, Cryptic may start working on it at some point...

Maybe they could somehow make a permanent instance of the Guardian of Forever that lets you travel to any past Trek era of your choice that doesn't affect the timeline?

Or maybe a malfunctioning Iconian Gateway?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikefalcon View Post
Maybe you should start a petition for an ENT-TOS era expansion pack to see if there's enough support for what you wanna see? If there's enough demand, Cryptic may start working on it at some point...

Maybe they could somehow make a permanent instance of the Guardian of Forever that lets you travel to any past Trek era of your choice that doesn't affect the timeline?

Or maybe a malfunctioning Iconian Gateway?
I like the Guardian of Forever idea, or perhaps Holodeck missions allowing us to go back like Riker does in the ENT finale.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
I have to say that I pretty much love every single word you typed in that document.

PLEASE CRYPTIC HIRE THIS GUY! This would give the game so much more depth and really let us immerse ourselves in the Star Trek Universe.