Lt. Commander
# 1 My Distaste for Infected!
03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
im probally in the minory on this, but feel like i have to voice my opinion about Infected. i just played Infected (well i quit it) and im sad to say this is the first thing about Star Trek Online i Hate! It't not fun, enjoyable, and just plain boring when you keep dying every 30 seconds then respawn only to die again in 30 seconds. I played with a team of 5 and we all kept dying. There was even a part in the mission that if one of us died, we would get stuck behind a force field, and the ONLY way to get it down was for all other members to die and respawn behind it, and only then it would be lowered, but that would reset the progress we did in that part! I know i will never play it again, and i just feel all the hype about it was for nothing! i just needed to state how i feel.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I would search the forums for a Howto..
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuadib
I would search the forums for a Howto..
You don't have to search too hard, I posted the video in this very forum.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatetrek2004 View Post
im probally in the minory on this, but feel like i have to voice my opinion about Infected. i just played Infected (well i quit it) and im sad to say this is the first thing about Star Trek Online i Hate! It't not fun, enjoyable, and just plain boring when you keep dying every 30 seconds then respawn only to die again in 30 seconds. I played with a team of 5 and we all kept dying. There was even a part in the mission that if one of us died, we would get stuck behind a force field, and the ONLY way to get it down was for all other members to die and respawn behind it, and only then it would be lowered, but that would reset the progress we did in that part! I know i will never play it again, and i just feel all the hype about it was for nothing! i just needed to state how i feel.
Sounds like you are doing this with a PuG. Join a Fleet and run it with someone who knows what they are doing. With an organized group, Infected should take no more than two hours to run. My group took down the final room in under six minutes tonight. It was quite epic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Whats a "PuG"
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyEwok View Post
Whats a "PuG"
The thing people use to do all the time in old mmo like vanilla everquest, before the power gamers with their step-by-step strategy guides, vent required, and minimum raid attendance showed up screaming how great they are for beating the hardest things on planet earth, digital critters.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyEwok View Post
Whats a "PuG"

PuG

stands for: Pick up Group.

5 random people joining together to complete something.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Nice! Thanks for info!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
The thing people use to do all the time in old mmo like vanilla everquest, before the power gamers with their step-by-step strategy guides, vent required, and minimum raid attendance showed up screaming how great they are for beating the hardest things on planet earth, digital critters.
Someone's bitter...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
I lol'd. There's a point there.