Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Seriously, there isn't a Klingon ship nowadays that doesn't carry multiple instances of Feedback Pulse. Naturally, because its ridiculously effective. So effective in fact that more and more Federation players switch to full turrets. I tried it myself and for a cruiser at least it rocks, not seeing any more blue pulses heading your way is a godsend.
Problem is, I want to use beams. This isn't Star Wars with massed turbolaser batteries. Kirk's ship used beams, Picard's ship used beams, Janeway's ship used beams. I want to use beams too without being severely punished for it by the dreaded blue pulses that take out a third of my hull before I can even switch target, only to have that target turn on FBP too.

This ability needs to be reworked, either greatly reduce the duration, or greatly reduce the damage it does, or make it affect all energy weapons, or just rework it completely so it does something completely different.

Currently it's just an awefully one sided ability. It also trivializes PVE content as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLZN0RRmaQ
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 05:05 AM
I agree, I had it, spec'd it and it made PVP and PVE a joke and I ditched it. I can't stand being silly overpowered, but you're right I'd say in a game of 5 Klingons 1 might not have it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry, many Klinks don't use the skill at all and most I know have never used multiples of it. We need other skills too.

While the skill may need a bit of tweaking the obvious issue is target selection. Before you spam space bar you might want to test the waters with a single beam and see if you get a return.

As far as I am concerned they should let everyone use cannons. I would love to see the big lumbering ships try to use them.

Both sides have the skill. Why is it that Klinks figure out to fight around it while Feds feel the need to complain and QQ here instead of working out other ways to fight?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Funny, i was in a match yesterday, and every klingon had it, some even 2... but maybe thats my luck
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 11:31 AM
FBP should reduce weapon power instead of damaging hull
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 11:35 AM
well to beat full turrets stay 5km away from the target and use beams or real cannons at that distance tends to usually work on 1v1 and 2v1 but your play styles and equipment are different that mine so this is a suggestion baised upon my experiances
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Well since only science ships can even have more than 1 rank of it, I'm going to go ahead and call your entire post BS and non-issue. At best a non BoP or carrier can have rank 1 of the ability and in order to get it they have to forgoe science team 2, which takes off VM much more than science team 1.

Good try but not good enough.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Yep, FBP should reduce the weapon power and have a chance to disable the weapon systems instead of damaging the hull.

Additionally the ability to stack the same boff skill multiple times should be removed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
Sorry, many Klinks don't use the skill at all and most I know have never used multiples of it. We need other skills too.

While the skill may need a bit of tweaking the obvious issue is target selection. Before you spam space bar you might want to test the waters with a single beam and see if you get a return.

As far as I am concerned they should let everyone use cannons. I would love to see the big lumbering ships try to use them.

Both sides have the skill. Why is it that Klinks figure out to fight around it while Feds feel the need to complain and QQ here instead of working out other ways to fight?
'A bit of tweaking'.

lulz
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Well since only science ships can even have more than 1 rank of it, I'm going to go ahead and call your entire post BS and non-issue. At best a non BoP or carrier can have rank 1 of the ability and in order to get it they have to forgoe science team 2, which takes off VM much more than science team 1.

Good try but not good enough.
Hey guys !!!!! Look its a troll !!!! This poster always posts in support of FBP being as OP as it currently is. You will always find him in the FBP threads trolling away.

Hey Tray most everyone rolls a BoP/Carrier for stacking FBP dude. It's cool tho that your only arguement here is that "zomg man only 2 ships can stack it , . meh meh ........ meh ... * insert emo type moan * ".

Thats obscenely pathetic, pretty much like any of your posts. Do me a favor tho, go and report me for harassment, or calling you a troll or something. See if it works this time when you cry wolf.

I would say "Good try", but nah your posts are always trash.

Fail post is Fail

Za'Rex