After having pvped quite a bit, having played a Klingon and a Fed I have a few suggestions. The first is, if the system is going to remain relatively the same, then Fed vs Fed pvp needs to be taken off the drawing board and implemented. I'm sure some of you disagree, and will call this "the end of the Klingon Empire!" but it just isn't so.
First I'll give you the Fed point of view that generally encompasses most matches.
I don't mean to bash Cryptic even though I have my own unresolved tickets in game, but the pvp queue system needs to be overhauled, and it needs to be a -TOP- priority. For this game to truly flourish you need the Klingon Empire, you will need the Romulan Star Empire as well, but that is for another day. Not everyone wants to be a Fed, and without a well thought out, playable and deeply rich Klingon experience you will just simply lose customers who don't find the appeal to the clean cut greys and whites of the Federation ships and stations. You have made it clear that Klingons are bred for battle, and as such they get almost all their exp and gameplay from pvp, and even though you are adding some additional pve content, they will still be greatly reliant on pvp. So what to do?
1. Fix the queue, change the system so a pvp match isn't begun until there is 5 v 5 in a match. More often than not its 1 or 2 feds or klingons vs a whole team of the opposite side. One would think that as a Klingon, they wouldn't mind being outnumbered, the glory of the victory against such odds would be honorable and worthy of song! Too bad that is just in the shows. In our reality, they die and then stare at the respawn button (add a timer to the button that auto-respawns if you don't do it manually) waiting for other Klingons to show and even up the odds (This happens equally with Feds as well). This is killing the pvp experience for many, especially those of us trying to get our pvp dailies done, dragging out what is already ridiculously long queues, into even more ridiculously long battles, or waits for the battle to even go on.
2. There needs to be a time limit - say 20 minutes. Who ever has the most kills in 20 mins wins the match if you don't get to 40 kills. This ensures that if your horrible queue system loads 2 feds and 5 klingons and those feds refuse to play or vice versa that one side is not screwed because of the temper tantrums and refusal to play by the other side resulting in them beaming out of the match and sitting in queue for another 20-30 minutes hoping for a better experience.
3. Klingon cloaking needs to be fixed. Too many times while playing my Fed do I suddenly see a Klingon decloak and recloak/fire and the bug allows them to recloak and continue firing on me until a vessel with stealth detection comes to my aid to pull him out of stealth. I have no issue with Klingons ability to cloak, or with BoP ability to cloak in combat either (even though this ability is bugged as well and lets them cloak while taking damage as I understand it isn't supposed to do that). I simply take issue with such a widely abused exploit being allowed to continue.
4. FvF pvp and the dailies - As it stands, if the current issues are not addressed, then FvF pvp needs to be implemented so that I don't have to spend 2+ hours just to do pvp daily, esp considering with the launch of infected you are aiming for "raidisodes" that take several hours on their own. Open up the pvp queue and in whatever that days pvp match is, you see 40+ feds and no Klingons. I do think it is a mistake to create FvF pvp on the scale of FvK, but if you aren't going to balance the current system then I would rather skirmish my allies to satisfy my dailies then sit in queue forever, only to find that a team of feds has beamed in and only one Klingon is there who has decided to sit on their respawn button waiting for others wasting my time. If you can fix the system to load full teams for balanced pvp then I think feds should only get their "training grounds" for no-exp skirmishes, otherwise give me the ability to play the days content within a reasonable amount of time.
I see great potential in the system if you make a few needed changes, at least changes I believe are needed. Just my two cents.
3. Klingon cloaking needs to be fixed. Too many times while playing my Fed do I suddenly see a Klingon decloak and recloak/fire and the bug allows them to recloak and continue firing on me until a vessel with stealth detection comes to my aid to pull him out of stealth. I have no issue with Klingons ability to cloak, or with BoP ability to cloak in combat either (even though this ability is bugged as well and lets them cloak while taking damage as I understand it isn't supposed to do that). I simply take issue with such a widely abused exploit being allowed to continue
Hi my name is Jam Sensors nice to meet you,me and my friend Viral Matrix are not very good friends with science team you should become his friend.
As mentioned above, its not bugged claoks...your sensors are being jammed..thats why you cant see them. The Feds can use the BO skill also. It only makes you undetectable to the target you use it on. The other player coming to your aid doesnt ahve anti-cloak abilities...his sensors are just working.
Battlecloak does allow you to cloak while under fire...but thats a bad thing for the Klingon, because he takes tremendous damage due to his shields being down as he is cloaking. Thats your tim eto wail on him until he pops or is orced to slink away and lick his many wounds infllicted by un-hindeed fire from the you and your friends.
In fact, againsta good BoP Captain, you are more likly to kill him while cloaking than you are to kill him while he is uncloaked. Why? because a BoP getting killed uncloaked made a poor choice in targets, made a poor combat choice. But the cloaking BoP likly made what looked to be or was a sound choice, but over stayed his welcome(poor choice) and is at least smart enouh to realize he shouldnt be there...even if he is too late in taking action.
Re-joice in the BoP cloaking under fire...it meas ou did something right and maybe forcing a valuable competitor out of the fight...so you can feed on the typical nimrods fighting you guys like a tanked Cruiser(granted, Ive seen some rare, well equipped BoPs tank pretty good).