Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
It's a damn foolish move to keep attacking the target unless you know for sure he can't crank up the damage or put on a stronger one.
It is a damn foolish power that breaks a whole weapon type to begin with. Make it work on cannons as well or dump it completely.

Because I can't wait to see everybody with FBP and nobody shooting at each other.

Also,... at 3-5% hull damage per pulse with 4 pulses per shot per phaser,.. a broadside could cost you 54% - 80% of your hull, if you are lucky and don't get a crit feedback.

I can't think of a single ability in this game that has that kind of damage potential in under 3 seconds.

"Making sure" that somebody can't crank up the damage.. involves you shooting them and PRAYING they don't have this setup to begin with. With what I have been experiencing, this has been most of the people using FBP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
If you know how to tank it right?

Whatever you are smoking, I want some too!

It bypasses shields, ignores all resistances and does more damage to you than you dished out.

It is recognized by the devs as broken.

Tank it right?

Now, I give kudos to you for not loading up on multiples of it, but it is a broken ability.

But how do you "tank right" an ability that bypasses every resistance in the game?

That is kind of like face pulling, right?

You can tell within the first couple shots if they have specialized in it. If you take 20% hull damage within the first couple shots, choose a different target, toss on an eng team 1 and you are no worse for wear... actually, there are about 6 skills specifically directed at healing hull damage.

"Oh, but what if their first wave comes back and insti-kills me!?! What about that, Mr Smartguy!!" is what you may be thinking. Well, when you see them go electric blue, DON'T Shoot them!! Wait for 15 seconds, then lay waste to them....or just ignore them and kill their friends.

Another method, would be to stop using beams and launch torpedoes...or, my favorite, ram them.

Yes, the high end of FBP is out of sync with the rest of the damage/resists in the game, but that doesn't mean it is unplayable. There are 2 other skills that are far more obscene in their OPness that really need to be looked at before FBP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
It is a damn foolish power that breaks a whole weapon type to begin with. Make it work on cannons as well or dump it completely.

Because I can't wait to see everybody with FBP and nobody shooting at each other.

Also,... at 3-5% hull damage per pulse with 4 pulses per shot per phaser,.. a broadside could cost you 54% - 80% of your hull, if you are lucky and don't get a crit feedback.

I can't think of a single ability in this game that has that kind of damage potential in under 3 seconds.

"Making sure" that somebody can't crank up the damage.. involves you shooting them and PRAYING they don't have this setup to begin with. With what I have been experiencing, this has been most of the people using FBP
I have a beam cruiser, and since this skill is available to both sides, it should make me worthless, right? Nope. I do just fine in pvp with this.

SNB

Answers color coded
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
You can tell within the first couple shots if they have specialized in it. If you take 20% hull damage within the first couple shots, choose a different target, toss on an eng team 1 and you are no worse for wear... actually, there are about 6 skills specifically directed at healing hull damage.

"Oh, but what if their first wave comes back and insti-kills me!?! What about that, Mr Smartguy!!" is what you may be thinking. Well, when you see them go electric blue, DON'T Shoot them!! Wait for 15 seconds, then lay waste to them....or just ignore them and kill their friends.

Another method, would be to stop using beams and launch torpedoes...or, my favorite, ram them.

Yes, the high end of FBP is out of sync with the rest of the damage/resists in the game, but that doesn't mean it is unplayable. There are 2 other skills that are far more obscene in their OPness that really need to be looked at before FBP.
Let's start with ramming speed. IF.. and IF I hit,..I have a 4 minute cooldown. That is not comparible to a 45 second cooldown and I can't have more than one. So, that goes away.

Secondly, as has been demonstrated with video examples and such that you don't even need a full cycle to get killed by it. So, I can choose a different target,.. start firing.. FBP.. dead. That worked great.

And as far as your "stop using beams" junk. Wow.. never heard THAT one before. Let's just take beams out of the game, because clearly the solution here is for everybody to use turrets and cannons right?

Out of sync? The Developers have clearly stated it is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED. I would say that is WAY out of sync
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I have a beam cruiser, and since this skill is available to both sides, it should make me worthless, right? Nope. I do just fine in pvp with this.

SNB

Answers color coded
only 1/3 of the feds can use this ability. That is not the same ratio. Please compare apples with apples.

SNB does not do damage. It disables.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Let's start with ramming speed. IF.. and IF I hit,..I have a 4 minute cooldown. That is not comparible to a 45 second cooldown and I can't have more than one. So, that goes away.

Secondly, as has been demonstrated with video examples and such that you don't even need a full cycle to get killed by it. So, I can choose a different target,.. start firing.. FBP.. dead. That worked great.

And as far as your "stop using beams" junk. Wow.. never heard THAT one before. Let's just take beams out of the game, because clearly the solution here is for everybody to use turrets and cannons right?

Out of sync? The Developers have clearly stated it is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED. I would say that is WAY out of sync
Then why, my friend, am I running a full beam boat and getting 200k damage in arena matches, and not dying all that much? If it is so prevailant, then why have a switched FROM cannons TO beams?

Methinks you are raging about am issue that is smaller than you like to believe. If the devs already know it's not working as intended, then why are you even in this thread talking about it?


The reason I mention SNB is simple, IT HAS NO COUNTER, NO DEFENSE, and can cause a ship to be destroyed in 3 seconds. Apples and Apples? over half the feds I pvp against are science! whereas only 20% of the klingons are science. Most Klingons are tac or engineers.

I don't want to get into a "your toys are better than my toys" discussion, but FBP is far more damaging to a Klingon than a Fed. Reason? More hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Then why, my friend, am I running a full beam boat and getting 200k damage in arena matches, and not dying all that much? If it is so prevailant, then why have a switched FROM cannons TO beams?

Methinks you are raging about am issue that is smaller than you like to believe. If the devs already know it's not working as intended, then why are you even in this thread talking about it?

The reason I mention SNB is simple, IT HAS NO COUNTER, NO DEFENSE, and can cause a ship to be destroyed in 3 seconds.
Friend, no.

I am very aware of SNB. I have 3 level 45 characters, one of each type. So thank you for the obvious as it has also been discussed at length. It still does not change the fact that it does no damage.

And since it has been discussed by the devs, the question could be put to you... why are YOU here posting on it?

And if you don't feel it is prevalent in pvp, you are either playing on the Klingon side, where you only need to worry about science ships having it...and most won't because most klingons use cannons,.. or you are lying.. because every match I come across is a fleet of blue glowing ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
SNB is on the list to be ahem nerfed but the devs said not anytime soon so enjoy it while you gots it.

Anyone for nerf phasers and nerf torpedos? Spit wads? Rubber band guns?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119
03-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Friend, no.

I am very aware of SNB. I have 3 level 45 characters, one of each type. So thank you for the obvious as it has also been discussed at length. It still does not change the fact that it does no damage.

And since it has been discussed by the devs, the question could be put to you... why are YOU here posting on it?

And if you don't feel it is prevalent in pvp, you are either playing on the Klingon side, where you only need to worry about science ships having it...and most won't because most klingons use cannons,.. or you are lying.. because every match I come across is a fleet of blue glowing ships.
Umm...no. I run into more sci/escorts (which get bonuses to damage, btw, unlike BoP) than sci/sci.


Please don't try and be insulting to me. I have not called you any names, please avoid doing the same to me. I have 2 lvl 45 Klingons, and have had 3 fed captains, working on the 4th version.

I have also been playing since OB, and I have done nothing BUT pvp since day 1. I am quite aware of what happens in all tiers of pvp. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120
03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Umm...no. I run into more sci/escorts (which get bonuses to damage, btw, unlike BoP) than sci/sci.


Please don't try and be insulting to me. I have not called you any names, please avoid doing the same to me. I have 2 lvl 45 Klingons, and have had 3 fed captains, working on the 4th version.

I have also been playing since OB, and I have done nothing BUT pvp since day 1. I am quite aware of what happens in all tiers of pvp. Thank you.

Been on since CB, and if you say that klingons are not using FBP much at all, I doubt every word you have spoken. Thank you.

P.s. I think the avatar you have chosen is more than appropriate.

And I noticed you are still posting in this pointless thread.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 AM.