Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
I agree FBP needs some tweeks, no shield pen or earlier someone said kill weapon sub-systems. The direct hull hit on FBP3 and even 2 with topped out AUX is nasty.
I also agree learning to move targets helps as well as target sub-systems AUX, I also rarely even target Carrier mainly cuz they are not as deadly as BOP's and rators and BC's the adds are annnoying but leave them alone adn its not that bad on them, BOP with FBP3 and high AUX through use of a battery or good EPS flow systems can be brutal.
IMO some tweeks would be good and I use it too so I understand how wicked it can be.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Dont think so. People would just have to try something else, instead RSP spammage.
honestly? I carry 2 copies of RSP 1 because there isnt much better at that slot for keeping yourself alive. I also carry Extend shields 3 and 2 copies of engineering team 3 because those also happen to be some of the best skills at keeping other players alive.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah well there are many interesting engi abilties...but i guess im just naturaly curious person, who likes to test everything...i would never take more than 1 rsp or 1 engi, i truly hate system cooldowns.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Yeah well there are many interesting engi abilties...but i guess im just naturaly curious person, who likes to test everything...i would never take more than 1 rsp or 1 engi, i truly hate system cooldowns.
eh, the way the shared cooldown on engineering team works is that you essentially double the heals per second you put out. And if you've ever played in breakneck competition, every little bit helps. (I also stack hazard emitters 1 and 2; 2 is 34 second duration :p)
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah but that means you dont use sci or tactical teams. I would rather take eng team III and aux to str III, which can both be used at the same time, and heal the same amount of hps while providing huge chunk of resistance at the cost of 3s of switching power setting.

But i guess everyone has his play style...i trully hate systemcooldowns and stacking abilties People stack stuff, it got nerfed...but it will be nerfed even for us playing with 1 ability only..while the other abilties will never get buffed.

For example after the last patch mines are bugged, i did bug report, bumped it..16 people viewed, noone responded, it got lost in the bug spam...so propably will never be fixed...
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Yeah but that means you dont use sci or tactical teams. I would rather take eng team III and aux to str III, which can both be used at the same time, and heal the same amount of hps while providing huge chunk of resistance at the cost of 3s of switching power setting.
i still have a copy of science team (star cruiser ftw); but when engineering team 3 alone provides a 50% damage resistance and 15k heal, and I'm not lying about those numbers, its pretty hot and tempting to double it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
i still have a copy of science team (star cruiser ftw); but when engineering team 3 alone provides a 50% damage resistance and 15k heal, and I'm not lying about those numbers, its pretty hot and tempting to double it.
Oh your hazzard emmiters will be nerfed alot, if you stack halon consoles but you propably know by now
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Doesn't FBP get powered by AUX?

Has anyone tried using Target Subsystem Aux as a counter to FBP?
People are to lazy to try it and would rather cry nerf than experiment with new strats.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idryll_Alira View Post
If you remove the ability to stack multiple ranks of the same skill, you`ll find that the entire engineer player group ceases to function.
No. It would just stop people cherry picking the best / most OP skills in multiples making them use a little bit of brain power for a decent build.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Most Sci abilities are really ridiculous at the moment.

I was in a pug earlier today fighting a klink T5 group where EVERY BoP had VM, Jam, Scramble, FBP.

It was hilarious.

Talk about STUN LOCK.

The entire space CC mechanic needs to be looked at intensely.

You need to get some immunities for a reasonable amount of time after getting hit by any type of dilating effect.

Currently only subnuc beam (which can take you out for at least 30 seconds w/full AUX) has that mechanic.

FBP would still be ok if it was reduced by 300% and affected shields.

It should be supplemental damage not "I WIN" damage.

I've seen single hits wack for 3k before WITHOUT someone using beam overload.

It actually is better then RSP if you're at full AUX and the other team is using beams.