No luck so far. About 15 hours of trying to kill the queen and still can't manage it. I have no idea how these '4 man no healer' groups are doing it.
Tactical = close combat and squad leader kits, lots of large hypos and shield charges (30+ of each at least just in case your in a bad group).
Engineer = fabrication kit, lots of large hypos and shield charges (30+ of each at least just incase your in a bad group).
Sceince = healer kit, lots of large hypos and shield charges (30+ of each at least just incase your in a bad group).
Clearing the rooms/corridors.
1. Get your tactical dudes to kill the nodes while wearing "close combat specialist IX kits as the motion accelerator buff means they can retreat after the node is dead.
2. Kill one node at a time and fall back dont rush and try to kill both if theres 2 in a room, fall back to a corner or door way where your medic and engineer should he waiting (as they do not have the hold debuff option)and fight using the corners ect for cover, force field is great as it blocks you from being swarmed by loads of drones.
3. Dont be afraid to fall back to a new position as you will get over run now and again, your engineer and medic should always be at the back of the group.
4. Moving out of the cover of a corner or door way to fire or using them to narrow the amount of drones you can see (and can see you) instead of standing in the open like a idiot will allow you to kill without taking bags of incoming fire, as well as giving you the option to move fully out of sight with a few steps and recharge/heal.
5. Repeat until all rooms are clear.
Killing the BOSS
1. Clear all corners and kill the drones in them, you will need to kill each drone twice but knocking them into the plasma makes it quick, the use of force field here is cool as well as it pushes them off or at least to the edges if used correctly and placed in the right position.
2. EDITED DUE TO PATCH CHANGES.:p
3. Spawn the queen and if you prefer get a tactical guy to attack her with a batleth as this seems to make her focus on him and not spam AOE effects (that is not fully confirmefd but it seems to work).
4. WATCH YOUR OWN SHIELDS/HEALTH, having a medic is good but its up to you to help yourself with heals and shield charges so dont be lazy and expect only to fire your gun.
5. Having 2 guns (one in each of your slots) means that if you switch after a special attack you get more special attacks more quickly due to them not having a global count down.
Ok the quest just got a big boost in fun.
1. Split your team up into a group of 3 (any) and of 2 (2 engineers or at least one engineer if you have one).
2. Clear the centre, far right and the back wall of borg.
3. Have the group of 2 go ahead and start clearing the next corner while the three lower the shields and upload the virus.
4 Follow that tactic around the room and if the middle spawns again the group of 2 should take the aggro and or kill them.
5. Release the queen and kill her.
6. DO NUMFARS DANCE OF VICTORY!!!!!
Ok in the queen room there can be a few annoying ones.
1. Sometimes a players just cannot activate a node.
Tell your team mates and swap positions with somebody.
2. Stuck behind the node force field.
1. Get 3 buddies to re-enter the code.
2. When the force field drops all 3 players dropping it try to enter the code as this reduces the chances you will be too slow and get trapped.
3. Falling into the soup out of range of a res.
Not a lot you can do with this one although its hard to "fall" out of range, normally you get out of range because the first time you are resed in the soup you run to a bad spot, so think before you sprint.
Folow these steps and you will likely kill her the first time and be worthy to do numfars dance of victory..:p
4 dudes no medic doing numfars dance of victory!! img:
If you watch the video, you can see that aside from the pull, Celes has the aggro for most of the fight. Celes was our science officer. I'm still not 100% sure why.
Next time, I'll be using Draw Fire to see if that helps.
I put a few more handy tips in the video, if you watch for the spotlight grids and hover your mouse over them. Also, you can hear the game sound as well as ventrilo if you downloadi it from File Planet instead.