Lt. Commander
# 1 klingons cloak not correct
03-07-2010, 08:48 AM
  1. in pvp it seems like they can be almost dead cloak and be 20k away b4 fed can even fart ,also in real life cloak drops sheilding ,it doesnt seem to be this way in game , ,it makes it unfair and un treky,i think game needs to be more self targetable, if we want to shoot at a rock we should beable to,if we think theres a clocked ship near us we should beable to fire into space as a quess like in the movies,,kling ons already have a major,major major un fair advantage ,lets make the feds have a litle more chance,

UPDATE,,I JUST STARTED A KLINGON AND WOW ,, THEY START KINDA BUFF,,I NOTICED SHEILDS 'DO GO DOWN'''' SO I WITH DRAW THE SHEILD STATEMENT
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Jeez, where does the feds keep getting these people. First, obviously you're doing something wrong, because going into battlecloak does drop shields, and there is a time delay between when the cloak takes full effect, and when you're ship will stop pummling a Bird of Prey.

Secondly, its certainly not 20km, have no idea where you got that number from. But in order to get away, fast we use evasive manuevers, you know that skill we all get. Yeah that one.

Thirdly, if you think there is a klingon ship near you, there are a number of skills available to everyone that'll knock them out of cloak, as well as depending on the term "near" raising your aux will allow you to find them. Besides, since phaser beams are relatively thin, you can fire all day into space, its an idiot klingon that's battlecloaked and then flown away in the same trajectory that they started at when they battlecloaked.

I've been saying for a while that its not the ships that are unbalanced, but the players, and this is just another fed that proves my point, that really its the players, and not the ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Agreed 110%.
I think a lot of these complaints may stem from the people that rush into PvP and get a few hits, die and rush in again for the fast leveling and then complain when they get higher up that this is OP and that is OP, because they rushed and never learned how to fy their bird or use the skills....
+++Ends rant+++
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Anyone can be about half dead and get away. Move your power to all engines and hit evasive maneuvers.

A BOP hitting battle cloak while taking damage should be dead.

This is what happens to people who space bar spam. They fire everything all the time. Gee I wish I had a torp ready but I just fired them all at that fully shielded ship.............There is a reason the computer tell you that the shields are down on the opponent.

PVP opponents are 100 times better than the same level PVE.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickardarat
  1. in pvp it seems like they can be almost dead cloak and be 20k away b4 fed can even fart ,also in real life cloak drops sheilding ,it doesnt seem to be this way in game , ,it makes it unfair and un treky,i think game needs to be more self targetable, if we want to shoot at a rock we should beable to,if we think theres a clocked ship near us we should beable to fire into space as a quess like in the movies,,kling ons already have a major,major major un fair advantage ,lets make the feds have a litle more chance,
Just what the game needs....

More Clueless Feds
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:

On a counter to this all ALLL fed ships should run with shieldls down all the time , no fed ship in star trek runs around with shields up 24 / 7 they have to call for red alert then THEN raise shields........running your shields full time in star trek would burn those systems out and cause major MAJOR power troubles.....sence we are talking about un~treky.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
On a counter to this all ALLL fed ships should run with shieldls down all the time , no fed ship in star trek runs around with shields up 24 / 7 they have to call for red alert then THEN raise shields........running your shields full time in star trek would burn those systems out and cause major MAJOR power troubles.....sence we are talking about un~treky.
I support this man for Dev.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
you made a wrong choice, most people who PvP go klingon...

you won't get any support... do what everyone else does just have a giggle when they cloak 1v1 and hope you join a battle with more Feds than Klingons.. they do die rather fast ....

they do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post

Actually, shields are down until contact is made or initiated with an enemy ship.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Cloaking DOES drop our shields and battle cloaking under fire when cause you to take "HELLA" damage.

I do however agree with you on one point, firing should be closer to point and click. Personally I think changing the way weapons are fired might be balancing act the Federation is looking for. Anyone should be able to fire anywhere. If you want to fire into space then fire into space. If you think the Klingons are out there you SHOULD be able to fire around (Assuming they stop making us appear on the radar!!!!)

I wouldn't begrudge a lucky guess from a Federation Player or well placed Torpedo Spread.