Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I can see this leading to a fedball that looks like a porcupine of constant, random, untargeted beam fire.
Lt. Commander
the players for star fleet are bad for sure no doubt about it but its also the ships lol of course any Klingon wouldn't want to see any kind of nerf or change. I am not going to ***** about cloak or battle cloak other than the fact it tends to make games last way longer than I want them too no wants to spend 10min looking at there map waiting for 5 Klingon to decloak and target them just get it over with. but you can't say that its not the ships at all lol..... Cloak more forward weapons more maneuverability ships and whats star fleet get to counter that a few crew maybe some hull probably not even a torpdos worth......Oh and there cruisers can have cannons can't forget that i missing something? universal slots thats a good one lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 04:57 AM
********. Cloak is a ****ing big advantage. I have Klingon alt too. Dont tell ppl it is not.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solipsist420
the players for star fleet are bad for sure no doubt about it but its also the ships lol of course any Klingon wouldn't want to see any kind of nerf or change. I am not going to ***** about cloak or battle cloak other than the fact it tends to make games last way longer than I want them too no wants to spend 10min looking at there map waiting for 5 Klingon to decloak and target them just get it over with. but you can't say that its not the ships at all lol..... Cloak more forward weapons more maneuverability ships and whats star fleet get to counter that a few crew maybe some hull probably not even a torpdos worth......Oh and there cruisers can have cannons can't forget that i missing something? universal slots thats a good one lol
Can you Sticky this?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
Jeez, where does the feds keep getting these people. First, obviously you're doing something wrong, because going into battlecloak does drop shields, and there is a time delay between when the cloak takes full effect, and when you're ship will stop pummling a Bird of Prey.

Secondly, its certainly not 20km, have no idea where you got that number from. But in order to get away, fast we use evasive manuevers, you know that skill we all get. Yeah that one.

Thirdly, if you think there is a klingon ship near you, there are a number of skills available to everyone that'll knock them out of cloak, as well as depending on the term "near" raising your aux will allow you to find them. Besides, since phaser beams are relatively thin, you can fire all day into space, its an idiot klingon that's battlecloaked and then flown away in the same trajectory that they started at when they battlecloaked.

I've been saying for a while that its not the ships that are unbalanced, but the players, and this is just another fed that proves my point, that really its the players, and not the ships.
YOU ARE SO LOST,ITS NOT UNBALLANCED PLAYERS ,ITS KLINGONS THAT WILL STAY CLOAKED INTILL THERE ALL AROUND YOU THEN BLAST YA AND BEFORE DIEING CLOAK AND GO HEAL ,,if you dont think klingons have the upper hand your smokin crack.thats all im saying
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Ok I am sure you have screen shots of this happening, right?

Amazing that I have never been in a pvp match where every ship was a BOP.

What did your 4 other teammates do when they cloaked? Nothing I guess.

I can't remember needing to battle cloak. In T5 by the time you decide you might need to go it is too late especially in the BOP with crummy shields and hull. You are better off getting killed and coming back all healed up.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2010, 12:15 PM
The only thing I'd modify about Klingon cloaking is the way feds "see" us while cloaked.

Right now, we're completely invisible while cloaked.

In the TV Series and Movies, a cloaked ship kinda distorts space where it is. (Just check the first moments of Star Trek III before the B'rel uncloaks infront of the Enterprise... you see Sulu and Kirk wondering what this "distortion" is on screen)

In Klingon Academy (Interplay, 2000), every cloaked ship did this distortion so, their opponents could "bore-sight" and manually aim at the distortion to "dumb fire" torpedeos.

Other than that, Cloaking is fine.

I could see many Tier 2 Klingons whine about the cruisers they don't have... I've been in a match against an all-cruiser team what layed mines over and over and over... needless to say they won...
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThericX

Actually, shields are down until contact is made or initiated with an enemy ship.

You dont want to do this with me.......but ya did so enjoy

A refit Constitution-class starship needed exactly 13.5 seconds to lower and raise its shields , you want to enjoy 13.5 secounds of klingons smaking your around before your shields are up? Didnt think so.

Much as i dont want to put up with this

A Constitution-class starship's shields could take the equivalent of 90 photon torpedoes at once

The first type of shielding is passive shields:

Deflector screens are engineered to surround the ship with a repulsor field that repels solid matter. The forward deflector dish emits a beam of this energy forward of the ship while it is in flight to "plow the road" ahead of the starship. In keeping with the functions of these types of shields, the Enterprise should not have been impacted by the debris when it entered the debris field at Vulcan. The debris should have been pushed aside by the deflectors. The only possible explanation is that the debris had enough mass and velocity to overcome the shields. This is why torpedoes and missiles can strike the ship even when the shields are raised. A missile or torpedo has sufficient mass and velocity to overwhelm these deflector screens. They are slowed somewhat but it is indiscernable in the overall impact.

The second type of shielding is an active shield which is designed to absorb and diminish the effect of energy weapons. These shields use a technology similar to that which we use in noise cancelling headphones and soundproof rooms. The shields are tuned to the harmonics of the incoming energy and cancel it out. This takes sufficient amounts of energy that when repeated hits are taken they lower the percentage of available shielding to absorb or deflect. Thus shields can be at 23%, because they have expended enough energy, or have burnt out shield arrays.

The third type of shielding is hull plating. The exterior of the ships hull is continously scanned by the sensor grid and all impacts not deflected are repaired by the ship which beams new material into the sight of the impact. This works well to minimize damage from debris impact that might cause a hull rupture.
Polarized hull plating implies the idea that energy like light has a specific reflective angle. Light produces a glare at an angle of 58 degrees. Energizing the hull plating acts like polarized lenses and reflects the incoming energy at the optimun angle to deflect the majority of the impact.

Most of this information was written in Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi I play a science officer and I'm not sure if you have been told yet but science officers get this super awesome ability that can pop ships out of cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grignak View Post
Hi I play a science officer and I'm not sure if you have been told yet but science officers get this super awesome ability that can pop ships out of cloak.
There's more than one ability to do that; don't even need to be a science captain to use the others...