Lt. Commander
# 1 'Blue' Bridge Officers?
03-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I've tried searching for the answer to this, but was unable to find it. What's the difference between the 'blue' BOs in the assignments list and the 'green BOs?

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Like items, blue BO must be rarer than green ones.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Blue bridge officers are called Bolians.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
the main differences are.. note.. all are bases on chance..

1. the BO traits are better, ie a green may have resistance (+5%energy/physics resist) while a blue may have superior resistance (+7.5% resist). or simply, the chance of a green bo with superior resist is low or zero.

2. What BO power it have are different, example would be "target shield systems III" (note the III) you would never find it on a green BO, even on a blue it is quite rare.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceTycho
I've tried searching for the answer to this, but was unable to find it. What's the difference between the 'blue' BOs in the assignments list and the 'green BOs?

Thanks in advance.
'Purple' BOs have 2 'Superior' Traits...
'Blue' BOs have 1 'Superior' Trait
'Green' BOs have a lower number 'Basic' Traits when compared to Common...
(And ''Traits' are race properties of the BO that can enhance the performance of skills...)
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
'Purple' BOs have 2 'Superior' Traits...
'Blue' BOs have 1 'Superior' Trait
'Green' BOs have a lower number 'Basic' Traits when compared to Common...
(And ''Traits' are race properties of the BO that can enhance the performance of skills...)

Without space traits they are all the same. Did you ever see a BO use a trait, like vulcan strangle, on the ground? Me either.

The BO system looked awsome at first. But it is so broken it is pointless. Might as well get rid of BOs and just have a spell book tbh.

You cant even sell BOs you have put SP into, which would have a titchy bit of value. But nope, all BOs are worth the cost of 1 spell. 100 energy.

Except, of course, saurians with efficient, which are rare and expensive. This is thanks cryptics insane decision to stop people getting them, to 'balance' the game. The fact that some people aready have a crew of 5 efficient saurians has unblanced the game is too much for cryptic to comprehend.

Oh and right now humans are the worst choice of any race, as they have only 3 traita instead of 4, as leadership does not work. So they are only worth 50 energy for a purple, tops.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Without space traits they are all the same. Did you ever see a BO use a trait, like vulcan strangle, on the ground? Me either.
TBH the only good ground trait is resistance, with superior it is 7.5% resit which is passive and on all the time; others either dont work or are not active all the time, unless someone here got a better pick. following a seconds best i woulr suggest superior peak heath, all others are just plain rubbish.

space trait... ofc we'll pick efficient but they are hard to come by and expensive.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEII
TBH the only good ground trait is resistance, with superior it is 7.5% resit which is passive and on all the time; others either dont work or are not active all the time, unless someone here got a better pick. following a seconds best i woulr suggest superior peak heath, all others are just plain rubbish.

space trait... ofc we'll pick efficient but they are hard to come by and expensive.

Maybe try a betazoid medic. I haven't looked into it, as all traits seem to be broken. If you're looking for BO traits that aren't broken you will be lucky to find more than two or three.

BOs are a core mechanic of the game. They should not be broken at this point, but they are. If they ever get fixed you will need to get all new BOs and retrain them. Maybe you'l need a respec too to get your setup right.

And they are given out all the time. Blue and purple BOs should be rare and valuable. Maybe got as quest rewards or people joining you from rescue missions, or from the pvp shop with a whole bunch of pvp dollars. But everyone has dozens of worthless, talentless BOs filling up their ship.