Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I just posted in a topic on the shipyard - bird of prey forums that was calling for their universal slots to be removed. I felt the issue raised a seperate topic that was worth stating boldly here.

Klingons get very little - Dont try to take anything from them unless you have levelled one yourself.

The players who only have fed characters really have a limited appreciation of just how limited and uninteresting the options are for enjoying levelling a Klingon. Before anyone even comes to talk on issues such as klingon ships, you really need to get in one and thoroughly playtest it. Likewise, you really must see what a struggle it is to level on the klingon side at all.

I have a rear admiral 5 and am about to get my first level of Brigadier General. Personally i would recommend that everyone gets a character to top rank on both sides, just to get a proper persepctive on the game. If you cant do that, though, at the very least get a klingon to tier 2, which doesnt take long at all.

The only posts that should appear on these boards are posts suggesting ways to help klingon players level or ways to give them more options, such as ships....if you take anything away from them, they may as well be removed from the game entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Well said.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I am a Rear Admiral Fed. I am also a Klingon Commander and I love my BOP, the universal BO slots is what attracted me to it, along with its turn speed and how cool the t5 BOP looks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
I am a Rear Admiral Fed. I am also a Klingon Commander and I love my BOP, the universal BO slots is what attracted me to it, along with its turn speed and how cool the t5 BOP looks.
New T5 BoP variant - http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...wiccan/Bop.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
ugly as sin, looks like a winged platypus
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2010, 02:52 PM
So far having played both sides ,the only thing the Klingons need are players!LOL!I hear its pretty lopsided in the federations favour at admiral.Going to have to change that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idryll_Alira View Post
I just posted in a topic on the shipyard - bird of prey forums that was calling for their universal slots to be removed. I felt the issue raised a seperate topic that was worth stating boldly here.

Klingons get very little - Dont try to take anything from them unless you have levelled one yourself.

The players who only have fed characters really have a limited appreciation of just how limited and uninteresting the options are for enjoying levelling a Klingon. Before anyone even comes to talk on issues such as klingon ships, you really need to get in one and thoroughly playtest it. Likewise, you really must see what a struggle it is to level on the klingon side at all.

I have a rear admiral 5 and am about to get my first level of Brigadier General. Personally i would recommend that everyone gets a character to top rank on both sides, just to get a proper persepctive on the game. If you cant do that, though, at the very least get a klingon to tier 2, which doesnt take long at all.

The only posts that should appear on these boards are posts suggesting ways to help klingon players level or ways to give them more options, such as ships....if you take anything away from them, they may as well be removed from the game entirely.
Absolutely. Very well said.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I'll be leveling a Klingon. If anyone wants to take me under their wing and teach me the ropes I'll listen.

As far as people wanting stuff nerfed, taken away....... I say no.

As far as the universal slots, maybe give those to the federation side as well? Just a suggstion, might make for some interresting PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone notice the march 05, 2010 "NEWS" on the login for STO?

It says: "Klingon and Federation players who have reached Rear Admiral 5 now have access . . ."

Klingons reach Rear Admiral? What happened to Brigadier General?

I know, it's just Cryptic showing once again that Klingons are beneath their contempt. The total lack of respect is getting on my nerves.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Thankyou for the positive replies thus far. I will freely admit that i made my post in a fit of frustration, but i felt it had to be said.

I came from ******** and i have come to really hate nerf calls. I have several classes there and all have, at one time or other, been overnerfed, clumsily changed by devs or otherwise damaged in the name of balance. I have often tried telling players to think that one day, the nerf bat will come for them, but still they encourage devs to nerf others.

I have seen a worrying trend coming here, it comes in these forms.

1. Something is effective, or powerful, this calls for nerf responses.
2. Something is different or new, this calls for nerf responses.
3. Something requires a ship to use counters or to reduce dps by using a choice of attacks (eg, AOE)....nerf calls etc.

I can, however, understand these responses. However, the one that really concerns me is this one.

4. A Klingon did it, so it has to be taken away or stopped.

In a game like ********, for example, there are two large, effectively equal factions. In STO, this is radically far from being the case, to the point where one side is already dieing out.

It frustrated me no end that there are people not appreciating that any more damage to the Klingon side and there will be no klingons left and no pvp at all

It seems that anything cool the Klingons have, like carriers, is fair game to be attacked and that really frightens me. This is why i urge players calling for nerfs or even players thinking the Klingons are equal in terms of gameplay, to try one for themselves before they make posts on these forums.

We are battered enough as it is without having to defend ourselves here.
Closed Thread