Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1 weapons randomly won't fire
03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
when in a space battle I keep having to reselect my target because my weapons will not fire.As soon as I reselect the enemy ship they start to fire again.I havent been hit by any beams or anything and I'm within range and fireing arc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
well now my rear phaser will not fire at all how can I play like this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I have seen a similar issue where the weapons finish their cooldown cycle, i may be in an arc to fire at an enemy but they won't "accept" the target and fire, they act as though the enemy they're facing is out of reach.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 11:38 PM
No I never got a shot off at all.The fight lasted a long time it should have had plenty of time to cool down the thing wouldn't fire at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 12:03 AM
It has happened to me and a friend of mine too. Just at random. Happened in space and on ground. Only cure was restarting the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdecardo View Post
It has happened to me and a friend of mine too. Just at random. Happened in space and on ground. Only cure was restarting the game.
yeah this is the third time can't get any response in game or on the forum.How come simple gameplay mechanics seem to fail so often in this game?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Just had the stupidest experience... my Quantum Torps and my Tetryon Beams both refused to fire. The aft Phaser beams fired just fine... I even switched them around (moved the tets aft and the phasers fore) no change.

After the 10th time blowing up to the stupid Undine cruiser I gave up and shut down the game. It's crazy... are Quantums and Tetryon's banned from Gamma Organis?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2010, 02:47 AM
I don't think so it's been happening pretty steady to me.To make it worse after defeating the battleship with only half of my wepons I didn't get any credit for it.I'm starting to hate this game.Every day it's a new buggy adventure.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Unfortunately, hugely anticipated games like this with massive fan bases are rushed out onto the shelves to appease the screaming hordes that want them. The first 6 months or so are always "testing periods" where they slowly iron out the bugs and other wrinkles in the game's mechanics.
The players' patience will be tested during this time, some will stick with it till everything's working as intended, others will simply throw up their hands and leave for something new (or older and already tried and tested, whatever the case may be).
You just gotta decide which category you fall into I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2010, 05:56 AM
I have had this happen too fighting the CE im like 3km away facing it hitting my space bar for 2 mins and nothing i have to turn again or move and turn to fire all my weapons stopped.

This has also happened in space combat an no i had no debuff on me all my skill icons were lit up.
Closed Thread