Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
(I consider this to be more of a "Klingon Gameplay" post than a "PvP" post.)

We still won every match by a landslide but it was a whole lot more fun and interesting.

My advice:
  • Bat'leth
  • Stun pistol
  • That shield that procs an AE knockback when you get hit
  • Regular energy dampening armor

You really should call this the "Swordsman Build" it's the player version of the NPC Klingon Swordsmen....
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I use a bat'leth from time to time but I hate to say it the way it holds and never lets go its kina meh.

I use it usualy when a fed takes one out then I have no problem taking out mine. However on the average match because it like never lets go.. I tend to avoid it.

I have also used it when the sides were very lopsided to like glue the other 5 man team in place while our two man team tries to win but these are the only times I use it otherwise I stick to a gun.

I think the moves are kinda cool though and if I am in the middle of 5 people and get that thing swinging its like a giant roto rooter.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
An entire team doing nothing but phaser stuns and melee hold spam... glad I haven't run into you yet
Hehe I have they disable your weapons as well but if you bounce around a lot they cant hold you

(pretty sure I saw one pull out a gun on me... to get it over with.. )
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
Ground PvP is pretty much saving the game for me...I really like it. And I usually hate any sort of PvP.

The sad thing is, Feds could do well at ground PvP if they built for it. We get so many Skill Points slapping a few in a ground skill wouldn't hurt. Everyone builds for space combat though..not ground.

I read through your guide..switched to a split beam rifles and a Bat'leh and haven't looked back. (on both my Klingon and my Fed). I wish more players Federation side would read your guide...it's pretty much a blueprint on how to do well in Ground PvP.

I'd love to have a team of Bat'leh wielding Science Officers take on a band of Klingons....that might be challenging..
ground pvp is why I still play this game to be honest
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
The bat'leth is as entertaining as it is brutal. I rolled an alien character and made it look klingon for the sole purpose of stacking the traits deck for melee (plus damage, and the various resistances to slows etc), and frankly im brutal to no end.

You dont know what entertaining pvp is until you start wailing on a guy, hit him up with some bleeds and slows, only to have him stun and make a break for it. Unfortunately for him he's fully exposed thanks to the weapon and i on occasion switch to the sniper rifle, drop to my knees and fire one off only to have him disintegrate.

Glorious.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlamb View Post
Hehe I have they disable your weapons as well but if you bounce around a lot they cant hold you

(pretty sure I saw one pull out a gun on me... to get it over with.. )
I have on occasion put victims out of their suffering with a quick blast from my rifle. From time to time we indulge opponents with swift painless deaths if they kneel before the Warriors of Kahless and beg for mercy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm still a Lt, but as Feds I've actually figured out how to beat a hand-to-hand weapon: Jump around them like a kangaroo, and use plenty of exploits. I've actually built my character around this strategy.

Oh, and go into close range if they pull a gun on you, and hit 'em wit ha rifle butt. Or stun them is you have another person with you. It take about aa second to switch weapons, which is more than enough time to jump out of the way.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Asimov
I'm still a Lt, but as Feds I've actually figured out how to beat a hand-to-hand weapon: Jump around them like a kangaroo, and use plenty of exploits. I've actually built my character around this strategy.
Yeah, that's why I carry the stun pistol. People who are really good at back-pedaling (that is, they know the map well enough to not back up into walls or furniture) are also a pain. Stunning them with the pistol will give me a chance to get on them. Science roots and engineer snares help a lot too.

I've complained in the past that melee in this game is pretty useless because it's so easy to counter:
* Shield knockback proc
* Rifle melee / palm strike
* Roots / snares / holds
* Running around like a loon

Snare mines are the worst but a Tactical shooting a split beam with Suppression Fire III to snare everyone is a pain too, and of course Gravimetric Shift goes without saying. Even deployables can be a pain if they're fully skilled up -- you can't ignore a fully trained up Phaser Turret III for very long.

Melee is the easiest attack to counter.

It has certainly made the game more fun and interesting for us. And we still always win. :p

Disclaimer:
In the event we run into a team that's actually starting to beat us, we reserve the right to switch back to rifles. (And sometimes Snowreap gets annoyed and shoots people who put holds on him too many times.)
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Disclaimer:
In the event we run into a team that's actually starting to beat us, we reserve the right to switch back to rifles. (And sometimes Snowreap gets annoyed and shoots people who put holds on him too many times.)
it was only the one time!

ordinarily, I don't use anything except the bat'leth and my heals. and I won't typically bother with Gravimetric Shift (or a stun pistol) unless the plan is to shoot people. I don't mind runners -- if they want to drag things out by running away that's fine with me. chasing them down is half the fun, like fox hunting.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-09-2010, 12:16 PM
You guys should try 1v1ing fed players, more honor in doing that, requires more skill, and it teaches feds that the reason you beat them is not because your overpowered or more coordinated, but better players and using mechanics appropriately.