Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
Ground PvP is pretty much saving the game for me...I really like it. And I usually hate any sort of PvP.

The sad thing is, Feds could do well at ground PvP if they built for it. We get so many Skill Points slapping a few in a ground skill wouldn't hurt. Everyone builds for space combat though..not ground.

I read through your guide..switched to a split beam rifles and a Bat'leh and haven't looked back. (on both my Klingon and my Fed). I wish more players Federation side would read your guide...it's pretty much a blueprint on how to do well in Ground PvP.

I'd love to have a team of Bat'leh wielding Science Officers take on a band of Klingons....that might be challenging..

Im sorry spec for ground pvp as a sci is just a waste when some the feds don't know how to kill the person exposed...I could do it but not for 6 sec after we use the expose. Ya I run 2 expose weapons and switch when the other is down.

You KIinks made my brother log after a 45 min match .. where his feds team were actually killing and they refused to respawn.

So it works both ways.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
You guys should try 1v1ing fed players, more honor in doing that, requires more skill, and it teaches feds that the reason you beat them is not because your overpowered or more coordinated, but better players and using mechanics appropriately.
no worries, we do that too. the weakness of using a bat'leth is that you're vulnerable to expose/exploit combos used from a distance. as a result, sometimes we die.

when that happens, it will frequently be the case that we'll run into some lone fed player (who also recently died) while we're trying to get back to the group. sometimes they'll run away, but even if they do you can usually catch them and show them some 1v1 love. sometimes I can kill them before they reach their friends (or before more of their recently-respawning friends can reach them). sometimes it becomes a 1v2 fight, then a 1v3 fight. these fights are harder to win, and depending the opponents sometimes I won't even try, opting instead to break off and return to my group (assuming I don't die first, of course).

but I don't see how killing feds 1v1 helps them understand that Klingons aren't overpowered in ground combat. if anything, I'd think that it would make them more likely to think so.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
You guys should try 1v1ing fed players, more honor in doing that, requires more skill, and it teaches feds that the reason you beat them is not because your overpowered or more coordinated, but better players and using mechanics appropriately.
Every TRUE warrior understands that strength comes from three things: yourself, the warrior on your left and the warrior on your right.

If the Federation cannot learn this simple lesson then they will never be true warriors.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakotay317
Im sorry spec for ground pvp as a sci is just a waste when some the feds don't know how to kill the person exposed...I could do it but not for 6 sec after we use the expose. Ya I run 2 expose weapons and switch when the other is down.
Thats actually a pretty sweet idea.....expose is a weird mechanic. But I guess thats whats part of not making it overpowered. We all do have to keep in mind the game is pretty young still...and ground PvP is still an unexplored area for many players. I actually got my tukus handed to me last night by a bunch of new fed players. I've been playing Lieutenant Commander level..and I see some pretty good Fed players coming up the ranks. I've also been playing both sides recently..as I enjoy gameplay on both sides of the fence.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
It is a mystery to me how some players don't seem to understand the exploit mechanic even at admiral level.

Even if you never PvP, expose + exploit is a fundamental part of ground PvE. How can anyone make it to admiral without realizing what it means or how to do it?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Every TRUE warrior understands that strength comes from three things: yourself, the warrior on your left and the warrior on your right.

If the Federation cannot learn this simple lesson then they will never be true warriors.
This is true in group versus group, but against that solo fed player, it's a greater testimate to your skill if you dual them and have you klingon buddies deal with reinforcements. Try being a lone fed against a group of 5 klingons, no matter how good you are, unless you get a lucky expose/exploit, you'll never take down even 1 of them. Trust me, its not fun to be the 1 against 5 without a chance. Thats why quitting mid-match is such a viable option when teams become so imbalanced, it's a retaliation for farming human players without taking their gaming experience into account along with your own.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Quote:
It is a mystery to me how some players don't seem to understand the exploit mechanic even at admiral level.

Even if you never PvP, expose + exploit is a fundamental part of ground PvE. How can anyone make it to admiral without realizing what it means or how to do it?
Many feds level up on PVE content only with the logic being at the end they will PVP as that is the end game. I have seen this conversation a lot on message boards and had a very hard time finding a guild on the fed side (in fact I never found one) that was interested in PVP'ing from level 6+. If I wanted to PVP at all levels I had to make a klingon.

I dont agree with it seeing as the pvp is probably the most fun and the pve kinda bores me, but that is simply the way it is. I tell people who are not killing those who are exposed how to find them. Some listen and some do not.

There are some decent pvp'er on the fed side , but the numbers of players on the fed side is very large. LIkewise there are some crappy pvp'ers on the klink side and they have been there since launch however its all in the eye of the beholder.

Is either side much different? No not really. PVE'ers migrate to the fed side obviously because of the content. However there are those that never made a klingon character that have tried to pvp their way up. I give them props for that as I abandoned my fed character in the first week of launch I think.

the reality is though that because matches are much harder to get many feds leave the pvp till "endgame" and right now many are starting due to the purple gear. Some are just doing it for the purple gear and dont really care about the pvp. Others actualy decide they like pvp and learn the ropes, but yeah many are starting at the top levels if not at admiral just before that.

I do see a lot up and coming people though, but the reality is for many feds PVP doesn't start till end game. (admiral level)
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:

11111111121111111111111121111111111111111121111111 11111111112

Lt. Commander
# 29
03-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
11111111121111111111111121111111111111111121111111 11111111112

never had to expose exploit in pve just shoot it dead with npcs if they expose exploit okie dokie with me.. i just stand there and watch the show..
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Slamz, I never knew there was that much depth to the melee system. I tried it a bit yesterday and thought it was fairly fun to mess around with, though I have yet to bother with a stun pistol since I prefer the splitbeam method in case I get rushed and have to end the fight quickly.

Sometimes I feel like a Hirogen when I am doing PvP, so adapting my playstyle to my prey is fun every now and again

I would love to end up in a match with you one day, Slamz. I am curious to see you or your team in action.